Clarity - still break-in in period?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renpar61

Reaction score
I've own my Clarity for almost 2 months now, and loving everything about them. :bowdown:
The dealer told me that after a brief break-in they would sound even better, mostly on the lower frequencies. I haven't noticed a big change on the lower frequencies but sometimes I feel like they lost some punch and transparency on the mid-high frequency. Am I just imagining it? Is there a change on the ESL as you break them in?
They are driven by a Rotel RSX-1057 as a pre and RB1070 2ch amp.

I've own my Clarity for almost 2 months now, and loving everything about them. :bowdown:
The dealer told me that after a brief break-in they would sound even better, mostly on the lower frequencies. I haven't noticed a big change on the lower frequencies but sometimes I feel like they lost some punch and transparency on the mid-high frequency. Am I just imagining it? Is there a change on the ESL as you break them in?
They are driven by a Rotel RSX-1057 as a pre and RB1070 2ch amp.

Probably just your imagination. Where in MD do you live, by the way? Maybe you need another pair of ears to check out your system and then re-evaluate about a month or so after that...

Erik

When my Claritys were new, I thought they lacked bass, so I added a sub for 2 channel listening. When I was preparing to move, I disconnected the sub and packed it away. I was very surprised that I did not miss the sub at all. The bass was much more satisfying to me. This was after about two years, so I can't comment on how long this change took, but to my ears and brain, there was definately a change.

Depending on your environment, the panels will attract dust and that dust will affect the sound of the speakers to some extent. ML advises unpluging them periodically and vacuming them. They must fully discharge, so they need to be unplugged for 12-24 hours before vacuming. Again, I have found this to make subtle improvements...but it is very subtle and may just be my mind telling me what I want to hear. It doesn't cost anything, so I figure, what the heck.

Back