Charliemike finally decides on equipment ... but needs a rack

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charliemike

Reaction score
So I finally decided to go with the Denon 2307CI receiver and Rotel RB-933 3ch amp. But, I need a rack. Something slightly above Robin's $10k folding leg dream rack but not one of those $500 racks you can fill with steel BBs.

At this point, form is way more important than function. Does anyone know of any manufacturers or sites that produces good racks in the $100-200 range?

Folding Leg ~ Dream Rack...

charliemike,

I would recommend Omni mount, but I have seen better on this forum. Our wonderful ML Club member, Marknewbie purchased a wonderful, Italian made audio rack a while ago, which looked fantastic... However, I forgot the name but if you do a search here you can find it. The only problem is I think Mark paid a lot more than $400.00 (USD).

:D My little brown folding leg 10K dream Audio Rack will be mine someday, if I'm a good little girl... :p

charliemike,

I would recommend Omni mount, but I have seen better on this forum. Our wonderful ML Club member, Marknewbie purchased a wonderful, Italian made audio rack a while ago, which looked fantastic... However, I forgot the name but if you do a search here you can find it. The only problem is I think Mark paid a lot more than $400.00 (USD).

:D My little brown folding leg 10K dream Audio Rack will be mine someday, if I'm a good little girl... :p

Mark bought an Arichi suspension rack and it wasn't cheap....:eek:

Arichi Suspension Rack...

Mark bought an Arichi suspension rack and it wasn't cheap....
Kruppy,

Yes! That's it.:D Yah, I know Mark paid a pretty-penny though he said it was worth it as well. He even had it special ordered and delivered to his home, as I recall. Mark shared photo's as well, The Arichi Suspension Rack really looked and function fantastically according to Mark. :) Bye-the-way...., Where is Marknewie? I have not read a post from him in quite a while... I miss his happy presence at the ML Club... I just checked he hasn't posted since the beginning of August... :eek:

Last edited:
I'm getting the VTI404 rack for Christmas. Check them out on rackandstands.com or audiogon.

Here is a pic:
BL404SSB.jpg

Love the way it looks! Cant wait to get it!!

Joey :) :)

Last edited:
I went with a VTI BL404-01 amp stand. I got it with the cherry shelf. Someone here has one that I saw today but I'll be darned if I can do a search and find it :)

I have a pretty decent stand right now for the rest of my stuff and I figured rather than reinvent the wheel I'll just run cables from my receiver to my amp and then I can use the good speaker wires the previous owner of the SL3 gave me when I bought them.

I have carpet so I'm going to need spikes for it no?

Thanks to all for the advice though I might not take it I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your willingness to help with advice and feedback.

I love this place :)

Attachments

• VI1013_m.jpg
    VI1013_m.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 127
Excellent Choice...

I went with a VTI BL404-01 amp stand. I got it with the cherry shelf. Someone here has one that I saw today but I'll be darned if I can do a search and find it

I have a pretty decent stand right now for the rest of my stuff and I figured rather than reinvent the wheel I'll just run cables from my receiver to my amp and then I can use the good speaker wires the previous owner of the SL3 gave me when I bought them.

Thanks to all for the advice though I might not take it I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your willingness to help with advice and feedback.

I love this place
charliemike,

I think Joey and yourself have made excellent choices. VTI audio Racks are just excellent. :D OK now, I'm starting to get envyous... :drool: Here's a thought..., maybe I can up-grade! :D

I'm so stoked. Receiver, Amp, and stand should be here by the middle of next week which means that by next weekend I *hope* to have at least my hi-fi setup while I spend time unpacking!

*does a dance*

I've considered the VTL racks they look great and are priced reasonably but the spikes being in those little dimples scare me I could see somebody leaning up against it then having all my equipment fall into a heap.....does any one have experience with these racks if so how stable are they, also I read somewhere the spikes and dimples don't line up perfectly on some sets has anyone found this to be true?

I went with a VTI BL404-01 amp stand. I got it with the cherry shelf. Someone here has one that I saw today but I'll be darned if I can do a search and find it :)

I love this place :)

I've been looking at that amp stand too. Can you post a picture? I'd like to see what the cherry looks like in a "natural" setting.

I've been looking at that amp stand too. Can you post a picture? I'd like to see what the cherry looks like in a "natural" setting.

I just ordered it today so when it comes I will definitely take a picture

VTI.jpg

In the meantime this is what the shelf supposedly looks like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Joey for turning me on to the website you mentioned. What I like about this group of audionuts is that I learn something new every time I log on! Wonderful. Now if someone can just teach me how to post pics of my system and use the neat website features...

I've considered the VTL racks they look great and are priced reasonably but the spikes being in those little dimples scare me I could see somebody leaning up against it then having all my equipment fall into a heap.....QUOTE]

If anybody (family or friend) leaned up against my equipment they would be tarred and feathered.... no on second thought take them out back and shoot-em !!

Here's the rack I dream of for my turntable someday - a Rix Racks HooDoo...

A bit more than $400.00 though (quite a bit more unfortunately) :(

Attachments

• HoodooCut.JPG
    HoodooCut.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 74
Tim, that thing is georgeous, I'm afraid to ask......... how much ???

Tim, that thing is georgeous, I'm afraid to ask......... how much ???

Well Dave and Joey - it's definately in the "If you gotta ask..." type catagory.

As I recall, they start some where in the neighborhood of $5200.00 and have about a 4 month wait I believe. They are all handmade with your choices of woods and colors.

Check them out here...http://rixrax.com/comprack.html

Last edited:
Back