CES 2011 - Where to go? What to do?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topofroc

Reaction score
As part of my job responsibilities, I'll be attending the CES in Las Vegas next year. I do not work in the hifi industry, but am an avid audiophile/ML fan (Vantage!!!). While I'll be busy during the show, I can find some time to check out cool new audio gear CES may have to offer. What I don't know is where to go.

To all the industry/CES veterans:
What places should I check out while in Vegas?

As part of my job responsibilities, I'll be attending the CES in Las Vegas next year. I do not work in the hifi industry, but am an avid audiophile/ML fan (Vantage!!!). While I'll be busy during the show, I can find some time to check out cool new audio gear CES may have to offer. What I don't know is where to go.

To all the industry/CES veterans:
What places should I check out while in Vegas?

Most of the audio is in the Venetian. Covering 3 or 4 floors near the top plus some on the main floor. Easy to spend a lot of time up there. Be sure to make it to the TAD room. Andrew Jones always brings some great hi-res music and gives a pretty good demo of the TAD's. Last year YG-Acoustics had a pretty good set-up on the main floor of the Venetian. When you get here (Vegas) pick up a guide and start to roam. Also a lot of gear in the Convention Center. The show is huge, I mean HUGE. If you are working you, won't be able to see it all but then you'll just have to come back every year.

Regards,
Gary

Too big and too spread out.

You will want to visit "THE SHOW" venue, where ever that's going to be.

And for fun, assuming it's still there, go to Ceasars Palace and take the "Race to Atlantis" ride.

GG

Too big and too spread out.

You will want to visit "THE SHOW" venue, where ever that's going to be.

And for fun, assuming it's still there, go to Ceasars Palace and take the "Race to Atlantis" ride.

GG

Unfortunately the "Race to Atlantis" ride closed a few years ago. It was definitely cool. It was an IMAX 3D simulator ride and was something that I always took my visitors to enjoy. But progress, I mean more shopping space, shut it down.

T.H.E. SHOW venue for the last few years has been held at the Flamingo and it will be there again this year . A number of audio manufacturers choose not to pay the high fees to display at CES and started an alternative venue called The Home Enternainment Show. Their registration is separate from CES but if you have some time I also recommended it. As an aside, the first time I heard the Wilson Maxx II's was at T.H.E. Show displayed and played by Edge amps as I recall.

Also when Gordon says "Too big and too spread out" that's what I mean by "Huge". Fortunately for me, as a Las Vegan, I attend every year and so I don't have to see everything every year. I say see what you can and enjoy.

Oh, one more thing, in addition to CES and T.H.E. Show, the Adult Video Entertainment Awards are here at the same time. You never know what you might run into. Only in Vegas.

Gary

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips guys. This will help a lot.

Any chance Martin Logan is going to be there?
Are they typically in the Venetian, or are they at T.H.E. Show?

BTW - I'll steer clear of the AVE...

Back