CEDIA Show Report - My afternoon with Roberto

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Halcro Amp

The mighty Halcro DM88 was almost as big as the Wilson Maxx! These things are HUGE...

Attachments

• Halcro DM88.jpg
    Halcro DM88.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 288
Halcro Pre-Pro

The most interesting thing to me in the Halcro booth was this new Pre-Pro. Again, I'm sure it's serious $$$'s

Attachments

• HalcroPre-Pro.jpg
    HalcroPre-Pro.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 295
Final-ly

Here's my last shot from the CEDIA floor. I have more from T.H.E. Show that was over at the Denver Athletic Club, but I'll post those in a seperate thread.

Here are a slew of the Final electrostatic line. Impossible to say how they sounded under show conditions (yes, they were one of the few active displays), but the appearance and quality are definately not up to Martin Logan standards...

Attachments

• Final.jpg
    Final.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 293
That1WhiteKid said:
I also got the opportunity to meet Roberto. I finally had some time to walk the show (between the classes and meetings I was busy!), and caught up with him at the ML booth.
I wish that I would have more time to chat.
I apologize if I seemed short with you Roberto.
All in all What a Wonderful CEDIA it was this year!!!!
Not to mention "T.H.E. Show" that was next door at the athletic club.
WOW!!
They had a subwoofer there that was capable of >115dB between 1 Hz and 20 Hz!!!
:eek:
Dude, I didn't know anyone else from the forum was at the show or I'd have tried to meet you too. Are you in Denver for the show only or do you live here?

I've got photo's of the sub you mentioned, I'll post about it in a seperate thread covering T.H.E. Show...

risabet said:
Actually, properly implemented rack-mounts cool equipment well as cooling is built into the design. More importantly, for a show you can just crate up the entire rack and ship it back home.
Well duh - of course that's why they do it! Thanks. That would make it pretty easy to move everything wouldn't it, as well as facilitating cabling...good catch.

I used to have to deal with thermals in EIA Racks when I was in the radar industry. It can be a very tricky design problem, especially if you don't want noise to be a factor, as would be desireable in an audio application.

Axel said:
On the right hand side: Is that a Vantage in silver aluminium finish ? Is it a new option for the Vantage ? Do you happen to know the extra cost for this option ?

Thanks !

Hello Axel,

That looks like the Vista in aluminum trim, but if the Vista is being offered in aluminum I am sure the Vantage is also.

I have a set of Final sound 400i in the bedroom. These are excellent speakers. Because it is not the highbred model a subwoofer is needed. My wife likes the look of the Final sound speaker over the ML. I think both ML and the Final are great speakers.

MiTT said:
Here's my last shot from the CEDIA floor. I have more from T.H.E. Show that was over at the Denver Athletic Club, but I'll post those in a seperate thread.

Here are a slew of the Final electrostatic line. Impossible to say how they sounded under show conditions (yes, they were one of the few active displays), but the appearance and quality are definately not up to Martin Logan standards...

I would have to agree. The Final's sound great (and they're made in Australia - cool!) but they've got a long way to go before they catch up with ML.

Rack mounts

MiTT said:
Well duh - of course that's why they do it! Thanks. That would make it pretty easy to move everything wouldn't it, as well as facilitating cabling...good catch.

I used to have to deal with thermals in EIA Racks when I was in the radar industry. It can be a very tricky design problem, especially if you don't want noise to be a factor, as would be desireable in an audio application.

Remember that this is CEDIA - which focuses on custom installs, many of which are rack mounted. Therefore customers and install companies want to see how the gear looks like when displayed in a rack.

A shame for those gorgeous Classe units though...

Back