CD Player advice

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Hi All,

I know dedicated (quality) CD players sound better than universal players

as a 'general statement' this is NOT true. With that being said digital playback in general is very good that there is little reason to spend mega bucks for a CD player. Maybe.......just maybe if one owns an incredible resolving system operating in a superb listening enviroment and has extremely good hearing a difference may be noticed. I for one don't buy half of the digital nonesense that's shoved down our throats.

As far as your 'price point' question goes, I don't know that there is a clear cut answer there either............not knowing the rest of your set up and given your satisfaction with your 'ES' i suspect your $$ could be better spent in other areas.

Last edited:
Yeah I see your point on the environment playing its part in the sound quality.
Because there is a noticeable difference that I can hear between the other players I mentioned and my current one that goes beyond choice of sound to the point that I can actually hear details that were not available through the cheaper players before I wonder if this detail will continue to show up in CD players. Do you think that this trait would continue maybe to a lesser degree with a high end CD player or that at some point you find a peak for the details being displayed and personal audio preferences play a bigger part?

I am running Martin Logan Source with Theta Intrepid amplifier and Rotel 1098 Processor (I am deciding between a cd player or a stereo preamp)

trillion, I apologize for I apparently deleted your original post when I moved it to the 'off topic audio / video' forum.

Back