Cary 805C?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Talked over the phone with Mr. Pops, we both agreed that it would be best to take advantage of this opportunity to get a local 805C out to my abode and test it out.

We also agreed that it would be best to hold onto both amps (Plinius and Cary) until I move into the new place and seeing which of the two is the bee's knees.

Stay tuned... :cool:.

Hi guys,

I just received the Six Pac from Cary Audio. Unfortunately both the input tubes are defective so ordered couple of pairs. In between I connected the summit with a 12ax7 tube for one channel only. Mind you I could not also connect my Harmonix double run speaker cable because of the thickness of the spade connector (I have ordered Cardas spade to rca converter) but what a difference in sound BETWEEN MY Plini & Six Pac amp with DH Labs Q10 BIWIRE cable. This amp is only rates as 50 watt Triode Class A.Llush midrange and smooth treble & bass. I will update you more later after 100 hours of burn-in and AFTER replacing the stock caps with Jensen. Currently the caps are in the burner for burn-in.

Hi guys,

I just received the Six Pac from Cary Audio. Unfortunately both the input tubes are defective so ordered couple of pairs. In between I connected the summit with a 12ax7 tube for one channel only. Mind you I could not also connect my Harmonix double run speaker cable because of the thickness of the spade connector (I have ordered Cardas spade to rca converter) but what a difference in sound BETWEEN MY Plini & Six Pac amp with DH Labs Q10 BIWIRE cable. This amp is only rates as 50 watt Triode Class A.Llush midrange and smooth treble & bass. I will update you more later after 100 hours of burn-in and AFTER replacing the stock caps with Jensen. Currently the caps are in the burner for burn-in.

I wasn't able to swing the 805C this time around (due to Cary 306/200 cdp and other expenses)....

Please elaborate on the differences you heard...

Hey Joey,

Pretty good deal on the 805's currently on Agon.

GG

Thanks for the heads up, GG...

The new one with extra tubes seems to be a good deal. What I really like is the 805C Special Edition that's up there, but at $4300.. it's a little costly especially since it will be a near 40% upswing from my Plinius if I sell.

Sometime soon I suppose...

Back