Capacitor value xover Summit

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBT

Reaction score
Can somebody confirm if Martin Logan branded yellow capacitor in Summit crossover is indeed 47uF (See attached pic) (476J 100V).

47uf.jpg

Yes 476J means same as 47E-6F which is 47µF.

Wait wait wait. Are you Sure J means that. Usually certain manufacturers use different suffix's for no real apparent reason. I have seen them use Ks, Rs, Js, Qs, etc. And they all have different conversions based on who made it. This one however does appear pretty straight forward. Easy way to find out though is just use a passive LCR meter and measure it.

ok
I think I get it:

47 + 6 zeros = 47 000 000 pF = 47uF
J = 5% tolerance

correct me if I'm wrong....

thanks for help guys

Yes 47uF 5% it is. Are you planning of changing those? You can go up with voltage rating but do not go under 100V rating of the originals.

Yes 47uF 5% it is. Are you planning of changing those? You can go up with voltage rating but do not go under 100V rating of the originals.

Yes, I'll be changing two yellow 47uF for Obligatto and two Solen 10 and 22uF for Sonicap Gen I. Not sure if I even touch resistors. Just for starters will change caps and see what will happen.

Yes, I'll be changing two yellow 47uF for Obligatto and two Solen 10 and 22uF for Sonicap Gen I. Not sure if I even touch resistors. Just for starters will change caps and see what will happen.

Just wondering if it had improved the sound?

Back