Can someone help me pricing a set of amps for sale?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c_morse

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I have a set of Monarchy Audio SE-160 tubed input mono blocks I'd like to sell soon. Bought them last year, but can't remember the price. They're in really great condition, I'd rate them conservatively 7/10 or 8/10 to cover some small little scratches on the tops and such.

Does anyone know what fair market value on these would be today? I really have no clue and want to make sure when I go to sell that I ask a fair price.

Thanks in advance!

-Charlie

Mods,

Apologies for the placement of this. I forgot that the Main Discussions area was ML related.

Thanks for moving, whoever did it!

-Charlie

Hi guys.

I have a set of Monarchy Audio SE-160 tubed input mono blocks I'd like to sell soon. Bought them last year, but can't remember the price. They're in really great condition, I'd rate them conservatively 7/10 or 8/10 to cover some small little scratches on the tops and such.

Does anyone know what fair market value on these would be today? I really have no clue and want to make sure when I go to sell that I ask a fair price.

Thanks in advance!

-Charlie

From an online review, they appear to run about $4K a pair new... if they were 9/10 or a very strong 8/10 you might see them at 50% to 70% of retail on audiogon. Yours being 7/10 ish, perhaps closer to 40% but that will vary depending on tube age etc as well.

I don't see any other info on any recently sold, so as a complete rectal pluck, I would say list them for maybe something just north of $2K for the pair and see what happens. If it were me, I would probably let them go for $1500 + shipping.

Seller beware ;)

In business meetings, we call that kind of estimate a PIDOOMA. ;)

Assuming these are the straight SE-160s (there's also a newer, SE-160h), A-gon Bluebook is $1,830. Last sale was early 2009 and sold for far less than this average, though this could have been due to condition or other factors.

In business meetings, we call that kind of estimate a PIDOOMA. ;)

Assuming these are the straight SE-160s (there's also a newer, SE-160h), A-gon Bluebook is $1,830. Last sale was early 2009 and sold for far less than this average, though this could have been due to condition or other factors.

I'll bite. What's a PIDOMA?

Also, thanks for the help to all. I'll be placing these up for sale before too long.

LMAO. Well played, good sir... well played!

Thanks y'all for the pricing help. I think I'm just going to ask $1500 plus actual shipping.

I have the boxes they came in still, and they're extremely stout.

Back