Can anyone recommend a non ML Center Channel?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jerr2501

I'm trying to put together a 5.1 system around my Aerius i's for occasional use.

I'd love to get a ML center channel but they're just too big and expensive for the little time it would be used.

Wondering if anyone knows of a non ML center channel which would be a close match in timbre to the Aerius i's.

I'm trying to put together a 5.1 system around my Aerius i's for occasional use.

I'd love to get a ML center channel but they're just too big and expensive for the little time it would be used.

Wondering if anyone knows of a non ML center channel which would be a close match in timbre to the Aerius i's.

Have you tried doing your Aerius i in phantom center mode?

I haven't yet but I hear it works pretty well.

Even a used Cinema is to much and to big? I think you could get one for under (or right at) $1k. They are pretty big, but not to bad... They would go well w/ the Aerius.

Good luck!

What's your budget ?? My recomendation would be to get yourself a good used ML Fresco, that's what I'm using and it performs quite well.

Thanks for all the advice.

I'll try using phantom center mode.
I find the imaging with the Aerius is phenomenal so this could be a reasonable solution.

Go phantom mode. My Summits are sensational in this mode and it's hard to imagine ANY centre channel speaker that will keep up.

Go phantom mode. My Summits are sensational in this mode and it's hard to imagine ANY centre channel speaker that will keep up.
I have yet to try it but I have heard and read this not only as acceptable but could be better depending on the quality of them. What center is truly going to be better then your Summits.

Latest posts

Back