Buzzing Vantages

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y

yogibear

The metal screen on one of my Vantages began to emit a buzzing sound when I played bass rich material. It took me a while to determine where the buzz was coming from. I called Martin Logan and they said that they will send out some shims to insert in the edge of the screen. Hope that will take care of it. Anybody with similar experience?

Last edited:
other than the low freq rumble that they constantly emit mine have been perfect

my clarties did that when i do the thx bass drop.. it sounds like the lower part of the panel frame. tightned witha allen wrench but let me know how those shims work.

I received the shims sent by Martin Logan. Turns out they're just weather stripping that I could have purchased at a hardware store. I removed the bottom plate and adjusted the screen. I wanted to try this first before I took the screen out to place the weather strips on (this could've been a bit of a pain sliding the screen back on with new strippings in place). Turns out all it needed was a minor adjustment. The buzz disappeared without needing to apply the weather stripping.

Back