Burnt CDs and my NAD C 520

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussersein

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a problem playing burnt CDs on my NAD C 520 CD player. The NAD plays regular (as in, copyrighted and pressed) CDs just fine, but with any burnt CD, there's an audible skipping or harsh static accompanying the tracks that do play (some CDs and tracks are totally unreadable). The CDs I burn sound fine on other CD players (the one in my car, for example).

My aging desktop computer sits in the same room as my two-channel system, and I have a sound card with digital out connected by a long coax to a DAC near the stereo, so I can listen to the thousands of songs on my computer with this arrangement. However, the computer fan is loud and my DAC is old and wasn't especially good even when it was new. I would much prefer to burn music onto CDs and listen to them on my lovely-sounding NAD.

I use Window's Media Player to burn CDs; is there some way to change my burn settings to get the CD to work on my NAD unit? Failing that, is there some other software I can use to burn CDs that will work with the NAD?

Sounds to me like a problem with your burnt CDs - possibly because of your CD burner or the capacity of your computer system that is performing the burning.

Try burning at a reduced rate - say 50% or 25% of the maximum rate of which your burner is capable.

You may also benefit from trying to write the original CD as an image to your hard disk, then burning the image to CD (ie - two step process rather than read and immediate write / on-the-fly).

Its the Burning speed from what I have seen, My Krell will play some and others it will just not read. Try another burning software. Windows Media is not my favorite and its not my players for some reason.

Back