Bob Carver's New Company Releases New Tube Amps

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jprkeller

Reaction score
I thought you all might be interested. I was looking for info on Bob and these posts came up in early September. I was wondering when Mr. Carver would come around again.

http://hometheaterreview.com/bob-carvers-new-company-releases-new-tube-amps/

and

http://www.cepro.com/article/bob_carver_elan_founder_bob_farinelli_launch_new_audio_co/

"BobCarver.com, a new company formed by renowned audio inventor Bob Carver and home automation pioneer Bob Farinelli, just announced a new line of vacuum tube amplifiers..."

"A special current feedback circuit allows the amplifier to allegedly "listen to the room" via feedback from the speakers acting as microphones (using the law of reciprocity). "

wait... so reflected sound that comes back and hits the speaker diaghram, thus creating a signal (like a microphone would)?... and this signal is then utilized for feedback purposes? Is that what this means? Or is it more of a back-emf compensation thing? Wha...?

find it odd that this would be noted in a home theater review .... I have had plenty of carver stuff... including my current sunfire cinema grand signature that I use to bi-amp my odysseys...I have no doubt that these amps will sound good - but, at the same time, I think we have heard all of the marketing stuff before... I guess some people need to hear that.... all I need to hear is that Bob Carver is fiddling with something or other... and I am interested.... but- 7-12K for me is a bit pricey for some amps.... my passion is waning a bit unfortunately...

find it odd that this would be noted in a home theater review .... I have had plenty of carver stuff... including my current sunfire cinema grand signature that I use to bi-amp my odysseys...I have no doubt that these amps will sound good - but, at the same time, I think we have heard all of the marketing stuff before... I guess some people need to hear that.... all I need to hear is that Bob Carver is fiddling with something or other... and I am interested.... but- 7-12K for me is a bit pricey for some amps.... my passion is waning a bit unfortunately...

and unless I missed something, the blurb seems to indicate those nosebleed-inducing price points are per monoblock (!)

I just acquired my very first ML's, a pair of Vantages a few weeks ago...just with my AVR alone they sound incredible...on reading many many threads here on the forum, Sunfire and Carver seemed like a nice place for me to start with an amp and that's when I found the link for Mr Carver and his new venture...hopefully the price is for a pair (?) but either way 7-12k is about 10 times more than where I want start my journey...

Latest posts

Back