Bluejeans Cables?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain_tinker

Reaction score
Hello all,
I've seen that a few of you have mentioned that you have Blue Jeans cables in your setups. I have a chance to buy some new cables for my setup to get rid of the old composite video cables I'm using for my interconnects, and I want to get something that works well and is not too terribly expensive. I've heard a lot of people on the Audioholics forum sing the praises of these cables, so I figured I would check them out.

They have a 6 channel analog interconnect for SACD/DVD-A made from Belden 1505F with Canare connectors. Does anyone use these, and do they sound well? They also have a digital coax cable made from Belden 1694A cable, and a subwoofer cable made from BJC LC-1 cable. Their speaker cable is made from 10 AWG 5T00UP. Does anyone here use any of these cables, and if so, would you recommend them? Just wondering...

-capT

Hi Cap,

I have made cables with that cable and Canare LV-77S (very flexible) with those Cancare connectors. I am very happy with them. I also use some cables by Straight Wire and Outlaw Audio. I will probably make all my own cables going forward. It's nice to make what ever length you need. I need to make some longer interconnects and am going to try BlueJean's LC-1 cable by Belden.

I think you will like the BlueJean cables and would not hesitate to buy them.

I have the digital coax and subwoofer cables. The build quality is very high and they sound great.

All of my cables now come from them including the 50ft HDMI and component cables for hooking up the projector.

Highly recomended.

When I recabled my HT system a couple of years ago, I got all of the custom cables (about 20 of them) from Bluejeans. The build quality is excellent and I've been very happy with them.

Likewise here. I use their "Ten White" speaker cable, with the locking banana plugs, plus their Belden 1505F and LC-1 interconnects, and Belden 1694A digital coax (from Squeezebox to Benchmark DAC). Overall, superb build quality, service, and fidelity.

If you want functional cables that sing, not "high-priced bling", give Blue Jeans a ring! :D

The locking banana plugs for speaker cables are superb indeed, and inexpensive considering their excellent build quality and comparing them to what other companies charge for locking bananas. I too have the Ten White speaker and 1694A coax. About 25ft of BJC Plastic Optical Fiber Toslink run from my TV to the HD receiver. A BJC HDMI cable of the same length runs from the DVD player to the TV. That cable transports 1080p signals. I cannot see any image quality problems, in fact the image looks gorgeous, despite the high pixel count and long cable length. I do not have any analog BJC interconnects.

BJC cables and connectors are excellent value for the money. If I buy more exotic audio cables, it will be out of curiousity to see if they really offer improvements over "straight" cables such as the BJC.

Another high recommendation for BJC here.

I have over 120 cables in my rig and most are BJC.

I have the 6 ch sets and they are really good quality.

Their Balanced cables are also very good, using high-quality Neutrik connectors and a nice choice of wire.

Excellent value in my book.

Well, I just went and put in my order for the cables last night. I am excited to hear how it all sounds when I put it all together. Especially when I get my new components!

I recently found out that the company I work for has a Preferred Business Partner Pricing with Magnolia Hi-Fi, so I contacted them and I can indeed get a small discount on some ML speakers. So with the tax return this year my wife allowed me get a few more things that I have been wanting for my audio rig. I decided that since I don't have a sub yet, I want to get the Grotto. I auditioned it last week, and it really rocked despite the fact it was not set up very well. I also decided to get a Fresco to use as my center channel. I had some Paradigm Titans as my mains before I got my Mosaics, and right now they are in their box in my closet. I figured if I got some long enough speaker cable I can put them behind me and use them for surrounds for now until I can someday afford some Vignettes. So I am really looking forward to this. I will have to let you all know how it turns out once I get it all set up.

-capT :D

Latest posts

Back