Blu-Ray audio

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBobGoat

Reaction score
Hey check it out - BD audio coming out maybe

http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/29/first-blu-ray-record-divertimenti-released/

QUOTE:
Fans of high-def audio rejoice: The first Blu-ray recording has been released. Fans of anything other than Divertimento, hold your horses: The first release is from Thondheimsolistene, an orchestra from Norway. "Divertimenti", as it is called, will be released by the 2L label in full HD audio glory along with a SACD track for those not on the Blu-ray bandwagon just yet. Formats include 2.0 LPCM, 5.1 LPCM, 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio, 5.1 Dolby True HD, 5.1 Dolby Digital at 48KHz, and it has been confirmed to work just fine on the PS3

Alright! Now lets get some higher fi albums out and about!

If this catches on (which I'm not holding my breath as evidenced by SACD and DVDA lacklusterness)... this may spawn a new era of sources for us. Blue Ray Cary players, blue ray Esoterics... etc...

I'm crossing my fingers, but I'm not holding my breath.

Um, methinks Engaget is behind the times.

There have been several other BR audio only titles released. I've even had one sitting in my theater for a couple of weeks.

Now, this is the first hybrid album to include botha BR and SACD version of the same recording. That's noteworthy and hopefully a trend.

Expect a deluge of BR HD-audio releases. Everything from concerts to audio-only. But not too soon, as BR pressing plants are backlogged now that every studio has switched.

Back