Blending subs manually with phase control, etc vs Audyssey

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hifiaudio2

Reaction score
Is it necessary to blend subs with main speakers using the sub controls still? Obviously sub positioning and number of subs is quite important, but I still see many people talking about blending the sub phase and crossover (like the special crossover on the Descent i for the CLX). I would think that Audyssey would take care of both the phase and crossover point, leaving only physical positioning to the user.

Or are those that are talking about manually blending them NOT using Audyssey? (presumably to keep it from altering the signal digitally?)

My 2 channel room correction is all manual but includes an electronic crossover which allows me to crossover my panels at any frequency and slope. I do have my phase adjusted on my sub and several bass traps as well.

I have xt 32. Audyssey and two subs and Vantages . The directions for an audyssey pro calibration say: adjust the volume of each sub to match 75. Db and then let the system work.

Many comments on this in the audyssey avs thread. No clear consensus for two subs other than letting audyssey do it's thing. Seems to be a bias for optimizing phase prior to audyssey if you have one sub .

Issue is different crossovers and distances in a hometheater system. 2.1 or 2.2 seems more straight forward.

While not knowing if my system is truly optimized, the xt 32 plus the pro kit has it sounding very nice indeed with phase set at zero prior to the ca
I ration.

Back