Blankets for TV

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beek

Reaction score
Playing around with blankets over the big screen between my speakers
It would be nicer if it wasent there at all but...

First, a thin single woolen blanket - little effect
Second, a polyfil comforter - deeper middle stage less brightness
Third, a down filled comforter - bingo seems like the wall in center stage was removed very nice. great imaging.

Dont look too cool but gosh darn it , it works :D

It would be nicer if it wasent there at all but...

Yeah.....get rid of it! Who wants a TV in their listening room!

Yes - a blanket is a good thing. I used to use one back in the days when I had no choice but to accommodate a TV also.

Bill,

I'm with Adam. I used to have one between my speakers 2 houses ago.

Kill it. Negative impact is huge regardless of what you cover it with.

Gordon

PS: Dump the TV if you are a dinosaur like me that still has a CRT. If flat panel, not a huge impact except for the reflectivity.

Last edited:
Yeah.....get rid of it! Who wants a TV in their listening room!

Yes - a blanket is a good thing. I used to use one back in the days when I had no choice but to accommodate a TV also.

I have a 60" plasma on the BACK wall of my listening room (don't ask why)... but I routinely cover it with a medium thickness herringbone throw... work's great in attenuating rear wall reflections.

Bill, try amazon and type in "room screens"...I was looking at something like this to put behind my Vantages for acoustic treatment covering but in front of your tv screen, it may work as well...there are some nice asian flair room screens that may work...but then you would need a place to put it when you want to watch the "tube"...Best, Jim

Latest posts

Back