Big Doins in Wisconsin

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMAUSGP

Reaction score
FWIW, this week at Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, the Ferrari Club of America is having its National Meet.

Any of you guys with an interest in cars this is one meet that you should see. It is quite a site at the Osthoff Resort and at Road America Track.

Anyways, I know some of you guys live kind of close. The Concours car show is Thursday at the Osthoff and Friday and Saturday and Sunday will be track days at Road America. There should be about 3 hundred cars give or take, if the weather holds maybe 4 to 5 hundred.

All Ferraris have great sound systems especially over 8 or 9 thousand RPM:D

Here a couple pics from this weekend.

Attachments

• jse_MLListeningRoom_021.jpg
    jse_MLListeningRoom_021.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 112
  • jse_MLListeningRoom_025.jpg
    jse_MLListeningRoom_025.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 114
  • jse_MLListeningRoom_029.jpg
    jse_MLListeningRoom_029.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 114
  • jse_MLListeningRoom_028.jpg
    jse_MLListeningRoom_028.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 113
  • jse_MLListeningRoom_027.jpg
    jse_MLListeningRoom_027.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
I just added a couple of pics from the weekend at Elkhart Lake.

Oh and I almost forgot, if you haven't seen it yet, Ferrari announced the replacement for the F430 at the meet. It is called the 458 Italia. Google it and see what you think. 570HP at 9,000 RPM need I say more

Last edited:
Looks like a great way to spend a weekend eating Brats and listening to Ferraris my kinda fun

Yeah, that's my F430 in the Avatar and in the background of my friends Silver 430 Scuderia in the one picture above.

We got to run Road America for 3 straight days, probably the most fun I have had with my clothes on:D

I drove back to Indy on Sunday and for a couple of streches on I65 I got to exercise the horses.

While we were there Ferrari North America announced the replacement for the F430, it is called the 458 Italia. Absolutely jaw dropping.

Attachments

• 458Italia.jpg
    458Italia.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 458 back.jpg
    458 back.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 458front.jpg
    458front.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 98
Is that a Pininfarina design? I see a slight similarity to the Maserati GranTurismo.

Yes, it is Pininfarina, but most seem to think it is Enzoesque.

The big news for me about Ferrari is that

SCHUMACHER is back maybe he can get Ferrari back to its heyday !! :D

at 40 he's still better than any one in F1!!!!

The Maserati GranTurismo.

Attachments

• maserati-granturismo-1-big.jpg
    maserati-granturismo-1-big.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 80
  • jse_MLListeningRoom_029.jpg
    jse_MLListeningRoom_029.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
They were being very nice about the 458 here on Top Gear last Sunday. They really liked the looks. Best get it, Joe. Like, really...:)

Here's a little story.

My wife & I walked into Audio Excellence many years ago in Bristol. As we talked hi-fi, the salesman, able to see the road, kept dropping "Ferrari" into the conversation. He'd get halfway through a sentence, and drop in "red Ferrari" or "yellow Ferrari". His sightings were beyond the realms of possibility, and anytime I looked round, I saw nothing.

He'd obviously decided (or had been reading) that that was the way to sell hi-fi. Or was he an ex-Ferrari salesman? Who knows:D

We bought nothing...

Everyone has their brands. Talking Italian, I just got an upmarket Gaggia coffee maker. Expresso'd to the max. as I type...:D

Did you get the baby twin Gaggia or which model

I am looking for a new machine

I got the Classic. Seems excellent at extracting... which is what you need, really. Coffee is completely spent (water runs clear) with relatively little liquid - the essence of an expresso and the base for all the spin offs.

Joe - I know this is off topic, but I have to say the following...

That Gaggia - I bought some decent "Italian" coffee today, made a cappuccino, and it was excellent. Period.

Highly recommended piece of kit.

Back