Beer It's not just for breakfast

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theWB

Reaction score
Beer, It's not just for breakfast anymore

I've seen threads on everything from cars to bikes to cigars to whiskey.
But I don't believe I've seen one on Beer.
What do you drink? Favorites? Ect.
Last night it was Sol beer, my favorite lately. but usually it's Modelo or San Miguel.
Tonight I'm trying something new for the first time. Jimmy Buffets Landshark Lager. I like it.:cheers:

Attachments

• beer.jpg
    beer.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Gordon Biersch Pilsner is my fave... I like the crisp light taste of it.. When I want a darker, stronger beer, Bass Ale is my choice or Pyramid Hefeweizen

Pilsner Urquel for real pilsner. Negra Modelo or Dos Eques amber for real dark lager . Seira Nevada Pale Ale for real American Pale Ale . Grants Imperial Stout for sweet stout. Bells Oberon for Wheat beer,... Budweiser for junk slamming beer !

I like plain 'ol Sam Adams...they have several flavors, some are seasonal, and I've yet to try one I didn't like...:D

Peter

Man-o-man I miss that "Billy Beer", Jimmy Carter's brother was a brewing master !! Yeah , right, and I'm gonna trade my turntable in on a I-Pod !

I actually love most of the Canadian beers, especially the smaller Provincial breweries. It's like going back in time when all the Provences had their own Breweries because the Law would not allow inter-provincial distribution.

My favorite for everyday is Killian, Michigan is blessed with many micro breweries and Most of them can brew a pretty good beer. I am heading to Colorado next month and will be stopping in Fort Collins for Fat Tire.

I love beer from Belgum. Some of my faviorites are Palm, Chimay, and Delirium Tremens. For everyday drinking I like Boddingtons, or Blue Moon (hold the fruit). Local beer I’m digging the Goose Island 312 (Chicago) and Leinenkugel Red (WI).

Other beers of note:

We are also starting to get Fat Tire (CO) and Shiner Bock(TX). I do love these beers.

Standard Drink'n Beer: Newcastle Brown Ale
Summer Fruity Beer: Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
Exotic Treat Beer: Bellhaven Scottish Ale

Two of my favorite beers are Guinness and Anchor Steam Liberty Ale. I also drink beers that adhere to the German purity laws of the 1500's and various microbrew stuff. I favour IPAs and Stouts over Pilsners and Lagers, though I do like Sam Adams Lager.

Corona, 312.....

I'm not a connosieur as you can see. I take what I can get! :D

Warsteiner Pilsener, although it tastes much better in Germany. For English ales, John Smith's Extra Smooth. Around Houston, various Shiner and Saint Arnold.

Standard Drink'n Beer: Newcastle Brown Ale
Summer Fruity Beer: Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
Exotic Treat Beer: Bellhaven Scottish Ale

Bob,
Just noticed it's your Birthday today, it also happens to be my youngest son's birthday.
What will you be tipping back to celebrate?
Happy Birthday
:cheers:

Disappointed?

Wow I have to say that i'm somewhat disappointed to see only 1 fan of Guinness so far? What's the deal with that?

I suppose this is not truly in descending order, but the top three are most surely at the top of the list....

GUINNESS!!!!!! all shapes and colors and variations from around planet earth.:bowdown:
St Pauli Girl light and Dark
Goose Island Honkers, 312, Oatmeal Stout
Goose Isalnd - Reserves, I believe can only be found in chi
Blue Moon, and pumpkin ale
Murphy's Stout
Becks Dark
Sam Adams Chocolate Bock
Grolsch
Corona
Negra Modelo
Chimay
Fat Tire
Sapporro
Kirin Ichiban

Home Brewed varietes

:eek: I guess I never realized how much of a beer drinker I really am? Hrmmm..... I suppose its mainly a summer thing....when its cold i'm all about the scotch and whiskey :rocker:

I like Coors Light because I can drink it for extended periods during an outing and not get trashed ...

And because as Eric Idle of Monty Python once joked, "Do you know what American beers and making love in a canoe both have in common? They're both f-ing close to water." :D

Bob,
Just noticed it's your Birthday today, it also happens to be my youngest son's birthday.
What will you be tipping back to celebrate?
Happy Birthday
:cheers:

Thanks Wayne,
Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to tip a few yesterday. We've got friends coming over today so the chances are much higher today!

Funny, the guy I sit next to at work also was born on the 4th.

Hmmmm, what beer should I drink today? Maybe I'll go to the local merchant of frothy goodness and pick a new one......

My seasonal favorites...

I look for "refreshment" quality in a beer during the oppressive summer heat here in South Florida.

My favorites lately have been:

Hoegaarten Biere Blanche
Blue Moon ( a reasonable facsimilie of Hoegaarten as long as you hold the friggin fruit wedge)
Duvel
Pumpkinhead Ale
Grolsch

When winter approaches, my tastes move over to heavier brews like
Chimay Grand Reserve
Hoegaarten Verboten Vrucht
Fat Tyre
Delerium Tremens
Any variety of Trappiste Trippel

My brain hurts this morning from too many Hoogarten's last night :food12:

Cheers,
Ray

Ray....

I didnt even know there was a beer called "Delirium Tremens"...

LOL!

Joey :)

Back