Bear/Packer game

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockeratheart

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice the crowd during the National Anthem at the Bears game yesterday? Disgusting. You either sing or stay silent during that time. Constant cheering. The fact that it's the NFL and it's a playoff game are dumb excuses. Just one example of what's happening to America. And I hope the commissioner sends out a memo shaming all players who can't even take off a stocking cap during the Anthem.

Ben

:confused:

Ben, I hear what you're saying ...but... it was one of the better renditions of our anthem I've heard in a long time, the man could sing !

The same guy did the national anthem at Soldier field in their playoff game against the Seahawks and I must say I did not care of his rendition AT ALL. To me, he seemed like he was yelling the lyrics. I cringed thru most of it and couldn't wait for it to be over.

Does he do the anthem at all Bears home games? Maybe he's a local celebrity and that's why they cheered him so much. As far as taking your hat off, that means nothing to me.. It was 8 degrees there.. I would've taken my hat off, but I would certainly understand if you didn't want to.

That being said, I think the game was a dog-fight... too close for my liking... When Hanie came in, I thought for sure the Packers were in trouble. Luckily, they held on, got a couple of breaks and got the win.

It's on to Dallas!! Got my fingers crossed. It'll be my first and only time going to see a SuperBowl game..

Hope the Packers can win it!

GO PACK GO!

I agree, and believe that it just isnt being taught by parents or in our school system. Do we still say the "Pledge of Allegiance, and the National Anthem"? the protocal is very simple. I dont think that there was any disrespect intended by players and fans just ignorance of procedure.

Sec. 301. National anthem

(a) Designation.–The composition consisting of the words and music
known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.
(b) Conduct During Playing.–During a rendition of the national
anthem–
(1) when the flag is displayed–
(A) all present except those in uniform should stand at
attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart;
(B) men not in uniform should remove their headdress with
their right hand and hold the headdress at the left shoulder,
the hand being over the heart; and
(C) individuals in uniform should give the military salute
at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until
the last note; and

(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face
toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag
were displayed.

these kids will be alright.

Attachments

• DSC_0445.jpg
    DSC_0445.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 116
Yup, don't think I have been to an event that was loud like that during the National Anthem. It was an awesome game though, and I will have memories for a lifetime.

GO PACK!!!

Attachments

• game 002.jpg
    game 002.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 119
I teach at a charter school in Minnesota. We say the pledge every day. I certainly would have to agree that maybe many haven't been brought up in a respectful manner concerning the country we live in and how to act during these moments. But I think every adult in this situation is at fault. I think all baseball teams line up on the foul line and all stand for the anthem, and most stand still, in line, and that's their "procedure". Some football teams line up in a straight line too, and every team should. That way I don't get caught up in being angry at some idiot role-model on tv and waste time and energy thinking about it.

I will do my best to let this go.

ben

Given the current state of our country I will not hold that against anyone.

Seems foolish to pledge my allegiance to the united corporation of america, it has no allegiance to me or my class citizen at all. Matter a fact I think its wise that we all exercise our freedom of dissent before the corporation takes that from us too via the patriot act.

But then I dont relate politics to sports anyway...

Go Steelers

I agree, and believe that it just isnt being taught by parents or in our school system. Do we still say the "Pledge of Allegiance, and the National Anthem"? the protocal is very simple. I dont think that there was any disrespect intended by players and fans just ignorance of procedure.

Sec. 301. National anthem

(a) Designation.–The composition consisting of the words and music
known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.
(b) Conduct During Playing.–During a rendition of the national
anthem–
(1) when the flag is displayed–
(A) all present except those in uniform should stand at
attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart;
(B) men not in uniform should remove their headdress with
their right hand and hold the headdress at the left shoulder,
the hand being over the heart; and
(C) individuals in uniform should give the military salute
at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until
the last note; and

(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face
toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag
were displayed.

these kids will be alright.

Well Ken,
I think it is much more than just parents and school systems as the corporate government dictates what they can do as well, yes parents also.Also if you read that manifesto it rings almost like some countries that we are totally against. I do totally respect our soldiers though.
Scarry huh?

Best,
Bob

Wow, now that is a ticket. Hopefully you didn't have to sell the speakers for that one. I am hoping to go down there and see if things unfold, get one outside the Stadium. We'll see.

Congrats.

Polamalu knows what he wants :D

Congrats to the Cheeseheads, from a long suffering Cowboys fan :(

Attachments

• !#87 Jordy.jpg
    !#87 Jordy.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 63
While on the subject of the National Anthem, the bimbo that sang it before the Super Bowl was a complete train wreck, she should have been gagged and drug off the field, granted it was no where near as bad as the fat pig that screamed it out years back.......can't remeber her name.......she should have been put out of her misery.

Thats funny you mention it, she too was from the 'burgh. Guess it really wasn't our day....

While on the subject of the National Anthem, the bimbo that sang it before the Super Bowl was a complete train wreck, she should have been gagged and drug off the field, granted it was no where near as bad as the fat pig that screamed it out years back.......can't remeber her name.......she should have been put out of her misery.

Rosanne Barr I think :rolleyes:

Back