Bang & Olufsen Amp in our MLs??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thai

Reaction score
Joey in his recent thread on review mentioned about his Summits being powered by B&O's ICE amps. Is that true?? If so, then is it the same for my Vantage or my Grotto??

The powered ESL series indeed use B&O's IcePower (Class D) amps... the Vantage has a single 200W, and the Summits a pair. Not sure about the Grotto, or other Subs.

Joey in his recent thread on review mentioned about his Summits being powered by B&O's ICE amps. Is that true?? If so, then is it the same for my Vantage or my Grotto??

Yes...they are made for OEM used. They are made by another company, but the design is made by B&O. ML is not an amplifier design company...but this does not means that the ML Design Team could not do it. It is better to use the facillities that are the best on the market and use it as part of the design. ML does not make caps, I.C.s, transistors, diodes,or resistors, but you find them in their design. IMHO I think it is good to know the great quality digital amp made by B&O is used at some ML products. There are great sounding cone speakers that uses the same drivers made as an example by Din Audio, and the sound of each brand is not similar, even using the same drivers...why?...the design and the way that the speaker is build...enjoy your sound and trust in your ears...happy listening,
Roberto.

Very cool. How are B&O speakers?? Are they just "high-end BOSE" or are they really quality products?? I took a listen to them over the weekend and found them to be good, but nothing that really jumps out. The top-of-the-line towers do play really loud (a lot of wattage).

The powered ESL series indeed use B&O's IcePower (Class D) amps... the Vantage has a single 200W, and the Summits a pair. Not sure about the Grotto, or other Subs.

The Vantage's use a B&O amp? Ah, so that's why they're $1,300 more than the Vistas... ;)

Very cool. How are B&O speakers?? Are they just "high-end BOSE" or are they really quality products?? I took a listen to them over the weekend and found them to be good, but nothing that really jumps out. The top-of-the-line towers do play really loud (a lot of wattage).

Hola Thai...Sleepsurf made me to answer you easy...go to this site http://www.icepower.bang-olufsen.com/
and this is a good reason why ML chose this amp to be in their products. The sound of ML products has nothing to do with the sound of speakers made by Bose or even B&O. My advise is: trust your ears, and listen what we here love most: ML sound!!...and I do belived that ML prducts are a truly high-end prduct. Starting with the ML cabinet, where you don´t find any screws securing all the parts, ML uses a special glue with properties that spands and contracts with the weather temperature. The pieces are made with a special shape that are like a puzzle to assemble and fit only each piece right!. There are so many secrets behind ML products that at the end, we have what we are very proud to own...happy listening,:cheers:
Roberto.

Back