Balance of Power

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Satch

Reaction score
Hi Gang,

I now have Real Traps "Mini Traps" 2'X4' behind the Vista Panels and they work much better than the DIY panels I had there before. Using the DIY panels for corner traps and the Auralex panels around the windows. This first step has really improved overall clarity and tamed harsh overtones.

Now, the system sounds great, but I still have to attenuate the left side quite a bit because it is closed off and the right side is open to the kitchen.

After talking to Ethan and Jim at Real Traps (They mostly said ditto on all of JonFo's advice) what I have to do is absorb as much as I can on the left side.

As I get the funds for this continuing project the next purchase will be Tri Corners for the left side front (above the door) left side back and right side back. After that I'm going to have to get creative with the left side and get as much absorption as I can and still create the illusion of a living room :)

Question: Does anybody here use a combination of panel traps and tube traps? Also has anybody tried the ASC Sub Trap?

There is a 4" gap between the shutters and the window and I'm thinking about some DIY removable panels for that space.

Just having some fun here in Cocoa Beach.
Satch

Attachments

• 000aaNW.jpg
    000aaNW.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Move the speaker

Hi Satch,

Assuming everthing else is equal (tonality, etc.) except for the volume mismatch, have you tried moving right speaker forward or the left speaker back an inch or two?

I've had this issue in the past and have been able to resolve with the above.

GG

Latest posts

Back