Austin F1 venue...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would love to know who has the deep pockets to play with bernie. Lets just hope the product improves a little.

The track layout looks awesome IMHO. It has a bit of Spa, Suzuka, Silverstone, Sao Palo, etc....

I was a bit skeptical when they announced this seemingly massive undertaking. But I am excited that they are going through with it. I was hoping to get tickets for opening year, but a trip to Japan next year will probably prohibit that idea. So maybe 2013 or 2014, we will be there. Hopefully Schumi will still be around by the time I get down there. I would love to see him race.....even better if he wins. :)

Race won't be in Austin, instead the race will be held in NYC. You heard it here first.

Race won't be in Austin, instead the race will be held in NYC. You heard it here first.

What makes you say that? I'm under the impression that as long as the track in Austin is done on time, the race is already theirs.

Let's just say, I know people that are in the know.:D

Oh and a couple of other things. I have seen the track design by Tilke, I just happen to know some of the people involved and it is what Bernie has wanted all along. Just follow the money trail, that is how you find out what Bernie is doing.

There will probably be an announcement this summer. Something about the stadium not done to FIA standards......oh, oh, that was the Superbowl that wasn't done.:eek:

I guess we will have to see what happens, but remember the only person that wins in this stuff is Bernie, he does not believe in Win/Win deals, so look for Texas taxpayers to get hosed.

And Bernie, he will first be in Switzerland or on a yacht in Monaco counting the money. Then he will save the day with a street race in New York, technically in New Jersey accross the river from NYC.:rolleyes:

When you say the race won't be in Austin, are you talking about just one race? You're not saying that there will be no racing in Austin, are you?

Not sure about after 2012, my guess is Bernie has an out in the contract if Austin is not ready in 2012, he can just keep it in NYC.

I doubt he would want a race in Austin, if he can get what he wants in NYC.

Truth be told he was going to run the race in Long Beach, before Texas offered up taxpayer money to the tune of 25 million at the last minute. And they were dumb enough to agree to all of Bernie's terms.

Think about, who is Tavo?

I would be pretty surprised to see a new street race pop up in an area like NY. It is so difficult to put together a track that can be safe and fuctional on existing streets, let alone crowded, busy streets....

Where was the 2010 end of season race on the brand new race track?

The one with the narrow pit lane and the very dangerous pit entry.

Awesome! Any progress is good news. :)

Then I guess the Texas Senate pulling the $25 million in taxpayer money from the deal is bad news.

Remember the Race was never going to be in Texas. It is still going to be in New Jersey/NYC.:D

Somehow I do not think that lack of money will be an issue for a venue such as this. They will get it somehow. Only time will tell, but I see an F1 race happening on that track in the future. Will it be 2012? Maybe. Remember last year at Korea....the facility was really not ready for the event. But they held the race anyway. :)

I would be pretty surprised to see a new street race pop up in an area like NY. It is so difficult to put together a track that can be safe and fuctional on existing streets, let alone crowded, busy streets....

So how surprised are you:)

Shame Korea taxpayers spent all that money and now they have no race.....oh yeah, they haven't announced that yet....well you heard it here first:) Next up, Austin. There will not be a race in 2012 maybe not even 2013....or ever.

So how surprised are you:)

Shame Korea taxpayers spent all that money and now they have no race.....oh yeah, they haven't announced that yet....well you heard it here first:) Next up, Austin. There will not be a race in 2012 maybe not even 2013....or ever.

Pretty surprised. haha ;-)

I still think that we will see a race in Austin next year. I am excited also about the announcement of road circuit in NY/Jersey. Will there continue to be 2 US races? Bernie seems to want that. I think the teams and drivers are for it. I think FOM and the FIA are for it. This is really the biggest market without a serious F1 presence.

It would help to have a US based team and american drivers of course. Unfortunately, I do not see a US based team emerging any time soon. It would cost way too much to base a team here. They would have to operate out of europe at the least. Which kind of makes it not a US based team IMHO....but hey...lots of teams are based in the UK when they are considered from other parts of the world.

We shall see. I think we are going to buy tickets for Austin 2012 as soon as they are available. I have to be optimistic. It would be nice to see Schumacher race in person before he retires for good. :) Even if he has no real chance to win.

On a side note, the India track is pretty awesome! Looks like a fun time through that middle sector! What is with the pit outs in Korea and India though? Seems like they planned for "exciting" and "eventful" pit exits.

Back