Audioquest speaker cables - DBS?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discocarp

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the Audioquest DBS stuff on some of their speaker cables? I've read the marketing literature. A friend of mine who actually sells AQ cables (and whose opinion I respect highly) thinks its hype and suggested I shouldn't bother.

Does anyone know anything about the Audioquest DBS stuff on some of their speaker cables? I've read the marketing literature. A friend of mine who actually sells AQ cables (and whose opinion I respect highly) thinks its hype and suggested I shouldn't bother.

I owned them once. I personally feel that they are not worth the price tag.
They:D do look nice though

Last edited:
The science behind DBS is true....but what it does for sound quality, I leave that to the listener ;)

In my experience it does make a difference. Is it worth the price of admission? No

But it does help the cable get out of the way of the sound and deliver blacker blacks and more detail.

I found a cable that worked better for me at a much cheaper price.
I used all Audioquest before that. Granite speaker speakers and Jaguar
DBS IC's.

Can't tell you much about the speaker cables. I do have two pairs of DBS interconnects, Cheetah and Sky. They have DBS and both sound pretty good. They sound less good with the DBS disabled.

Back