Audio Rack

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter_Klim

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for a place online or in Orange County CA that has some audio racks for sale. Would love to find one where the shelves are made (or lokk like they are made) of granite. If not, just plane glass/wood would do too.

I doubt if you'll find anyone offering granite shelved racks as an online product. It's just to difficult to ship granite safely and cost effectively. I made my own audio rack (with the help of an expert carpenter friend) and had the granite shelves custom made at a local granite kitchen and bathroom countertop business. I supported the granite slabs on a sheet of mdf to give it lateral strength to support heavy components without breaking. Otherwise granite will not work as a shelf. It's just too brittle.

You can easily make a granite shelved audio rack by ordering a aluminum audio rack kit made to your dimensions. I don't know the company but Rampage60 can provide you with the contact info. See Rampage60's amp stand in System #101. After assembling the frame just order the granite of your choice from a local granite counter business. However, some of these businesses aren't real interested in very small granite orders but don't mind selling their remnant pieces.

If you like solid walnut you may want to check here. I like the looks, design and price of the audio furniture from this company. They're located in SanFrancisco but they sell online and often advertise on Audiogon.com. I especially like the amp stands with the isolated shelves.

http://www.corefurniture.com/

I doubt if you'll find anyone offering granite shelved racks as an online product. It's just to difficult to ship granite safely and cost effectively. I made my own audio rack (with the help of an expert carpenter friend) and had the granite shelves custom made at a local granite kitchen and bathroom countertop business. I supported the granite slabs on a sheet of mdf to give it lateral strength to support heavy components without breaking. Otherwise granite will not work as a shelf. It's just too brittle.

You can easily make a granite shelved audio rack by ordering a aluminum audio rack kit made to your dimensions. I don't know the company but Rampage60 can provide you with the contact info. See Rampage60's amp stand in System #101. After assembling the frame just order the granite of your choice from a local granite counter business. However, some of these businesses aren't real interested in very small granite orders but don't mind selling their remnant pieces.

If you like solid walnut you may want to check here. I like the looks, design and price of the audio furniture from this company. They're located in SanFrancisco but they sell online and often advertise on Audiogon.com. I especially like the amp stands with the isolated shelves.

http://www.corefurniture.com/

Steve Blinderman
http://www.steveblinndesigns.com
Call Steve at (917) 361-4701 or email to [email protected] for any questions or pricing information.

I got my Adona rack from ML member johnwa. If I recall he has another set of 3 to sell. If you are interested contact him. It was a very fair price.

Thanks Cherian and yes I do have the other Adona Rack still in storage. Same deal (half list) or about $$425 plus shipping. Warning that the shipping cost is about $150 as the granite slabs are thick and heavy.

Attachments

• Adona Rack.jpg
    Adona Rack.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 426

Latest posts

Back