Article from Sydney Morning Herald

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good read Adam, although I have plenty of examples to prove the first sentence wrong !

Me thinks a certian 'Colorado connection' does too !

Good read Adam, although I have plenty of examples to prove the first sentence wrong !

Me thinks a certian 'Colorado connection' does too !

Yeah - all the mainstream articles say something like that. Although - as you know - my thoughts aren't so clear-cut as yours!

"The final leg of the technology boost comes via new turntables equipped with USB ports to enable direct connection to hard drives. Such devices include the Sony or Ion USB turntables, with which you can convert your vinyl to digital MP3 files easily for about $300. Some of the new turntables even have an iPod docking station built in."

Hm $300 TTs with USB connections hardly help the format's sound quality reputation.

Hm $300 TTs with USB connections hardly help the format's sound quality reputation.

What's even more funny is that if it's MP3s you're after, why would you go to the effort of converting them - real time - via a USB turntable when you can just download them? The crazy stuff that people do.......

Yeah, but then again there is quite a bit of material that you just can't get hold of beause it was never re-released.

Back