Aragon Palladium II Monoblocks ???

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beakman

Reaction score
I've been curious, about high wattage, high current, and class A amplification (the Aragons are rated 125W class A, switching to B above this, at 8 Ohms. This is probably well below my listening levels in general). I am considering the purchase of a pair of pre-owned Aragon Palladium II mono's, selling for about half price of new retail. It's above my budget a bit, but have come to the conclusion that that's what I'm going to have to do to see if there is any considerable gain to be had in this direction.

Does anyone have any insight pertaining to this specific model, and how it would match up with a supposedly neutral preamp and ML Vantages?
Thanks.

I must be missing something...

I've been curious, about high wattage, high current, and class A amplification (the Aragons are rated 125W class A, switching to B above this, at 8 Ohms. This is probably well below my listening levels in general). I am considering the purchase of a pair of pre-owned Aragon Palladium II mono's, selling for about half price of new retail. It's above my budget a bit, but have come to the conclusion that that's what I'm going to have to do to see if there is any considerable gain to be had in this direction.

Does anyone have any insight pertaining to this specific model, and how it would match up with a supposedly neutral preamp and ML Vantages?
Thanks.
Ok, let's get the specs straighten out first. The Palladium is rated to deliver 125 watts in class A, but it'll switch over to class A/B to deliver... 600 watts @ 4ohms, and up to 1K watts @ 2ohms. I doubt that the output of this amp is "below your listening levels". Did I miss something :confused:

About 10 years ago, I helped a friend put together a ML CLS IIz system driven by the Aragon 8008BB (the pre-cursor to the Palladium) and it was very musical. I can only imagine the Palladium monoblocs being better than the 8008BB.

Spike

This is why I'm not an audio reviewer, I don't seem to get the flowery prose right.
What I meant was that my listening level is probably below the 125 watt switching point of the amp(s).
A moot point though, as I have committed to an Innersound ESL-300. The aragons, though beautiful with potential, were above my budget at $2500 the pair, which speaks more of my budget than anything else. Maybe some other time.
If someone is interested in them, They can be found here.http://www.americanhifi.com/used.php

I have a pair of Palladium 1Ks (which are identical to the Pall 2s except for cosmetics) powering my Summits. They sound effortless and sweet and their voicing matches ESLs well. I doubt that I EVER exceeed the class A range of these amps, even on a good hard "Rock and Roll" day.

Rumor has it that Palladiums and Parasound JA monoblocks were used by ML to voice the Summit/Vantage.

If you can get the right deal on them ...don't hesitate. The "right price" should be $2K. Make them an offer

OBTW, as of a year ago, Klipsch was still supporting the older Pall 2s since they are electrically identical to the 1Ks. They plan to continue this support for the next 4 or 5 years.

Attachments

• 2 channel for web.jpg
    2 channel for web.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 2,205
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back