Apple Eq plug ins for room correction

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papageno

Reaction score
Am new to room correction but has anybody tried using the apple EQ plug ins to compensate for peaks and troughs in freq response curves. meridian room correction is way beyond my budget
Appreciate any input.

There's no reason you can't get good results if the software provides some basic functionality. Can you link to the details of the plug-in you plan to use? Specifically, is it parametric EQ (controls center freq, Q and boost/cut)? How many filters does the software permit?

How do you plan to measure FR baseline before EQ?

/Ken

Thanks for the reply.
It is the Apple Parametric EQ that is available from Apple and can be liked to iTunes or PureMusic player. it provides three variables to control.
Center frequency, Q and gain from -20 to 20 dB. I used a Radioshack SPL meter fixed to a tripod at my listening position and used the stereophile Disc 2 to generate tones at different frequencies to generate a freq response. I have a pretty flat response from 60hz to 5000hz (less than 2dB of variation) but I have deep trough at 40 and 50 hz and again a peak at 6000hz.

Back