Any Preface owners out there?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimna

Reaction score
Hi my name is Jim. i purchased a pair of Preface speakers this summer and am still trying to fine tune them. im wondering what speaker placement has been best for others and any other general tips i might want to know? im currently tuning my room and am anxtiously waiting for a preamp to be delivered.

Glad to be a member of such a great sounding club!

Last edited:
Well I will admit that im a newbie to the fantastic world of ML, but the Preface's have been nothing shy of great so far. I am currently on the tail end of fully tuning my listening room, which is complimenting the Preface's greatly. I had been running a set of Paradigm Monitor 11 v3's before these and they frankly dont hold a candle to the Prefaces in clarity or detail, with a much smoother mid-range and "air" to the ML I am a changed man. the only disappointment in the ML upgrade so far is that i still am running a sub because of the lack of deep lows with these. not a huge deal to me since the sub i have was a pet purchase and has been modified additionally to sound top knotch. I hope to install the last of my basstraps and some ceiling diffusion this weekend to complete the room tuning and really unleash the maximum ability of the system....stoked!

I have had one set back in a dead amp which wasnt in the budget so im now using a suplimental older Adcom GFA-545, which honestly surprised me on its ability to hang with dead NAD amp which cost 3x as much. I am in need of some recoup time in the checkbook after the room is done but a tube amp is in my future. I am hoping the tubes will warm them up to full potential.

Does that answer your question?:rocker:

....and i plan to post pics of the system once i have a finished man cave!

Sure does got write up. Tuning the room is one step the gets skipped sometimes. I have not heard these speakers as yet but I am very interested
in auditioning them.
Thanks.

Back