Any E46 BMW Owners here?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonepub

Reaction score
Hi there:

Thinking about a 2000 or 2001 E46, 330i...

Anyone own one of these and any weird problems?

Thanks!

My Trusty E30/325i is starting to finally wear out. Eng/clutch and trans are just fine, but too many little things to stick with it long term...

My wife drives an '01 330i, and it has been relatively problem free. The only recurring problem has been the tendency of the power window motors needing replacement.

Even so, she has just bought a 2007 Roush 427R to replace it :eek:

Thus, officially, the 330i is now F/S.

Hey Jeff,

I highly recommend the e46 M3. Not the best car I've ever owned, as I've owned Hondas and Toyotas, but hands down the most fun car EVER.:D

If you can get a CPO one, that's the route I'd go.

Hi there:

Thinking about a 2000 or 2001 E46, 330i...

Anyone own one of these and any weird problems?

Thanks!

My Trusty E30/325i is starting to finally wear out. Eng/clutch and trans are just fine, but too many little things to stick with it long term...

Jeff, looks like you definitely chose a better system over a cooler/ newer car. Those that love audio always choose their system over a car.

My understanding is that the beamers are designed as a 50K mile car. Once you reach that, you have to spend some major bucks to replace many parts.

My understanding is that the beamers are designed as a 50K mile car. Once you reach that, you have to spend some major bucks to replace many parts.
Are you serious? My 10-year old Honda Accord had about 250K miles on it before it had any problems and I replaced it. My current Accord is 4 years old, has 70K miles on it, and all I do is change the oil and gas it.

Jeff, looks like you definitely chose a better system over a cooler/ newer car. Those that love audio always choose their system over a car.

Nope, my 325 just clicked over 200k and still runs like a top. Unfortunately, the first owner didn't take care of the cosmetics and that's what's biting me in the rearend right now. I also need a few other odds and ends like a window motor, AC compressor and front half of the exhaust. About 3500 worth of repairs along with a few other odds and ends, and think a bit newer used one would be a better use of time. If I had a spare month, I'd just fix everything and drive it another 100k.

The car has been bulletproof for the last 12 years. All I've done is change oil, other fluids, brake pads, etc. (and change that timing belt religiously)

My other E30 is a Euro import 320i. E30 body, 2 liter six. Not available here. It has 186k on it and has been meticulously cared for by me and the first owner. That one looks almost as good as the day it came off the showroom floor. Same thing, fluids, brake pads and timing belt. Not a stitch of trouble.

If I wanted to spend the dough, I would get an E46 M3. Definitely one of my favorite cars, but I'm seeing used 01 and 02 330i's with low mileage for 12k.

If I hadn't bought those darn CLX's, I'd have more money for a car!

My wife just loves to remind me of this too!!!

Oh well.

Here's a pic of the 320i with 186k on the clock....

The orig owner bought it in Austria with a bunch of Alpina and Hartge
goodies on it. Hartge suspension, and wheels, etc. I added the Momo
stuff.

Attachments

• My 320.jpg
    My 320.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 60
Back