AntiCables, anyone?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miikka Tikka

Reaction score
Hi there,

just got my two sets of AntiCables and I'm just burning them in. First impression is really good - (I had Cambridge Audio cables bi-wired with banana connectors in my set) - these (AC) wires increased overall high's in every way. The stereo image got better and bass got firmer and some sort of muddy in the lowest bass disappeared. I'm really amazed because I didn't believe until now how much cables can change the overall sound.

The change is almost as crucial when I bought my CD player to replace DVD player as main source for music.

Anyone else had any experience on these cables?

here is the link: http://www.anticables.com/home.html

I think my friend Ryan who bought my reQuests has some ordered. I ordered a pair of the jumpers for my Summits.. can't tell the difference.

My main concern with their speaker cables is that they are not shielded at all, and behind my equipment is a dizzying array of wires, so I'm not sure they would work for me.

On a related note, my partner Kerry is very into the skeptical movement. Yesterday he was listening to a podcast that he shared with me. It was about a guy called "The Amazing Randi" who years ago offered up a 1 million dollar prize for anyone who could prove they had psychic abilities. Now he's offering the same prize for anyone who can prove to him that high priced speaker cables are better than normal monster type cables.

James "The Amazing" Randi, former Alice Cooper employee and ardent debunker of faith healers and other frauds, has now jumped into the silliness that often besets the high-end audio equipment market. The author is offering $1 million to the first person who can prove that a pair of 12-foot Pear Cable speaker connectors -- which sell for a whopping $7,250 -- perform any better than an $80 set of Monster Cable cords. Randi's challenge applies to "actual performance," not "qualities that can only be perceived by attentive dogs or by hi-tech instrumentation," in which case he'd probably be safe using 50 cents worth of lamp cord as a comparison.

Very interesting.

Last edited:
cables

TomDac, yes I understand your concern. I have also lots of wires running behind my equipment but I didn't face any problems. That doesn't mean that there won't be no problems :eek:

I am also very skeptic about differences in cables, specially in the midrange and above. I think I'm happy with the changes these cables made in my system and think that this is it for my journey in the cable-world at this point.

But if any of you have opportunity to check them out, I recommend them based on my experience. ;)

Tom_

I suggest you consult Stereophile's website for more info on this issue. Mikey Fremer, (one of S'phile's writers) challenged Randi on this issue. Randi pulled out eventually. There's lots more info on this all over the web.

Back