Anti-mode-2.0-dual-core-connection advice

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harlequin

Reaction score
Hola folks ,

Whilst kicking my heals awaiting the delivery of an Anti-mode-2.0-dual-core I have been cramming up on how best to implement the unit into my system and would be most grateful for any sage advice on this.

I am currently running an integrated valve amplifier sporting RCA pre out---RCA power in link, were I had intended to insert the Anti mode unit .

However I am having doubts whether I am able to do so having re-read the manufacturers connections doc .:confused:

http://www.dspeaker.com/en/technology/anti-mode-technology/anti-mode-20-dual-core-connection-examples.shtml

I am currently running the CLX's together with a single Descent I (CLX card on-board) taking the signal from main speaker posts to Descent speaker line in .

I have no Native XLR connectivity options on the current Integrated .

Any and All connectivity advice greatly appreciated .

Oh Well I have to be thankful for some small mercy , at least no DH response advising me that I should have gone with Apogee's ;)

Anyway , In order that I might assist anyone else in a similar quandary I am posting the response that I have received from Pasi Ojala , Head of Dspeaker.

> I am currently running an integrated valve amplifier sporting RCA pre out---RCA power in link, in between
> which I had intended to insert the dsp .
>
> However I am having doubts whether I am able to do so having re-read your connections doc .

That is one way. Note that for best performance, the volume should be
adjusted from the last device, in that case from the Dual Core. This
guarantees the highest possible signal level throughout the audio path.

> I am running a pair of Martin Logan CLX's together with a single Descent I sub with the option of
> feeding the signal to the sub via an RCA splitter at the pre/power link ,To the subs line level
> RCA input which is linked to the subs low pas filter .

In this case you can split the Dual Core's RCA outputs, and the combined
response of the speakers, sub and the room is measured and corrected.
However, the other option should produce even better results.

> Or , as I have it setup ATM
>
> Signal to the CLX's speaker posts as per normal 2.0 setup , then routing signal via
> speaker cable to the sub,s speaker line level input posts ,which are again linked to the
> Descents low pas filter , which is set to the main speakers crossover point via an
> CLX settings card onboard the descent i's own crossover board, therefore running the CLX's full
> range 56 Hz > 23K Hz .

Also in this case the combined response is measured and corrected for,
but the crossover function should provide a bit more consistent starting
point.

56Hz is quite a low cross-over frequency, so you may try also a bit
higher ones and compare their 'before' measurements (you can use the
measurement tool, and use separate profiles to store more if you need
to). The measurement tool can also help in adjusting the subwoofer's
phase, and setting a suitable sub level. Optimally the bass should be a
bit elevated before calibration, so the peaks can get pulled down during
calibration.

> I have no native XLR connectivity options on the Integrated amplifier.

Even when you connect using RCA, the dual differential arrangement of
both the Dual Core analog input and output, and the differential
(digitally controlled) analog volume control provides some benefits like
reduced harmonic distortion.

--
Pasi Ojala, MSc (eng)
Head of DSPeaker Division

Last edited:
Which connection scheme did you end up with?

My DSPeaker Dual Core outputs to my REL Sub from the RCA outs and to my preamp from its XLR outs. The preamp feeds a tube amp, which feeds my SL3s. The sub is crossed over at 30Hz and the mains are run full range. Works great for me.

Regards

Guido F.

Good day Guido , nice to hear from another Dsp adopter .

I currently have the Dual Core thus CDP > AU-111 Aux In > AU-111 Pre Out > Dsp RCA In > Dsp RCA Out > Au-111 Main In > CLX's > Descent I sporting an CLX filter card ,connected via the CLX's .

I have been trialing various profile combinations over the last few days , and am currently running the Dsp profile with its own Low pass filter set @ 80Hz .

Last edited:
Interesting, the many different ways to hook up the DSPeaker.

In my system, the effect of taming the room modes via DSP has been that it has allowed me to move the listening position about a foot closer to the speakers, which in turn has resulted in much improved soundstage and greater timbre accuracy. A remarkable device indeed!

Guido F.

Back