Another Newbie Intro

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icedog

Reaction score
Hello All,

I've lurked for a little while....mainly due to a problem mistakenly attributed to my venerable SL-3's.....turned out to be a mis-diagnosed amp problem...at least the amp problem is relatively cheap to repair (if I don't count the speaker board I replaced before identifying the real problem)...live and learn.

I'm kind of a on-again/off-again audiophile. In my younger days (pre-children and careers) I was very into it and shopped hard ultimately ending up with a quite satisfactory Adcom/Dahlquist/SL-3 settup that has stayed with me for a number of years.

I'm a bit lukewarm to the whole home theater scene though. I presently use a Pioneer Elite TSX-92 to handle all the surround stuff but with the restrictions most of us face with regard to listening spaces (room too small, less than optimum speaker placements, budgets...) I'm really not very pleased with the results. The manual reads like a CFR and although I have used the MCACC auto program mode to reference the listening space I have the nagging feeling that the result is less than optimum especially playing music sources in stereo...I use my GFA-555 (or will again when it comes back from repair/upgrade) to drive the front channels and feel that it's being underutilized (at least in comparison to it's pre-surround days).

I've picked up a lot scanning through previous posts....lot's of very knowledgeable contributors here very willing to share.

See you on the board.

Ice, Welcome ! I totally understand the 'on again-off again' scenario as it applies to children, carrers, etc. We look forward to your interaction.

Latest posts

Back