Another MC-275 or Upgrade Source

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mucho congrats!

Fountain,
Congratulations on your "upgrade" to the Vantages. I'm sure the Mac will appreciate the lower demands from the Vantages than the previous full-range load of the Aeon. Get ready for some real magic from the Mac/Vantage combination :music:

Spike

Well after much thought and consideration I bought some Vantages.

I see you took my advice (keeping the MC275 for the panels and adding a solid state amp for the woofers). What a bargain that the solid state amps you bought came with their own built-in speakers! :D:D:D

I think you will be really happy with this choice.

Fountian, Congrats !! I'm sure you will be pleased !

Also, regarding your earlier post.....do not get rid of your sub. While your Vantage's may be rated to 34hz, that does not necessarily mean they will produce that fundemental in YOUR listening room(+ or - 3db). I think your sub will do wonders, I know mine did.

The ability to roll the sub in at the desired freq and slope in order to corresond with the roll off of your Vantages will yield nice results for sure !!

Thanks twich54, so far I've been listening without a sub and it sounds pretty good. But I will try the sub back into the mix to compare the differences. Very rarely do I ever rock:rocker: out to music so the bass is not as big of a concern for me. I do however know that having quality bass is essential to the full experience so I will try it out. Thanks again.

Fountain,
Congratulations on your "upgrade" to the Vantages. I'm sure the Mac will appreciate the lower demands from the Vantages than the previous full-range load of the Aeon. Get ready for some real magic from the Mac/Vantage combination :music:

Spike

I see you took my advice (keeping the MC275 for the panels and adding a solid state amp for the woofers). What a bargain that the solid state amps you bought came with their own built-in speakers! :D

I think you will be really happy with this choice.

Thank you Spike for the kind words and yes,let the Magic begin!:music: Rich, now that you mention it, that is exactly what I did.:eek: The Mac is loving these Vantages so far and the extra sensitivity has also been a pleasant surprise. Thanks for your help.:bowdown:

As for upgrading the TT from a Scout to a SM, that will have to wait on the back burner. At least until I sell my Aeon's and then I may do that or go with the Super Platter and SDS. If anyone has any thoughts on the Aeon I's vs Vantages please comment on the differences.

Well, since I sold my Aeon i's (thanks Bill) I have just placed an order for the upgrade from a Scout to a Scoutmaster. I can't wait!!!! Of course I'll have to buy the peripheral ring later because the dog on thing is so expensive!! Anyway, I was just excited and had to share. Now I've got to go tell the wife.:duh:

Glen

Glen,

Pleasure doing business with you. I am enjoying the new to me Aeon I's , immensely. I am using a Audio Research D400 II with them. They definitely need the power and control.
These are my first Martin Logan's. I do not suspect they will be my last. I have had Magnepan, and Quads years ago.
Somehow the VPI peripheral ring and weight do make quite a difference. I'm sure you will love the ScoutMaster.

Bill

Glen,

Pleasure doing business with you. I am enjoying the new to me Aeon I's , immensely. I am using a Audio Research D400 II with them. They definitely need the power and control.
These are my first Martin Logan's. I do not suspect they will be my last. I have had Magnepan, and Quads years ago.
Somehow the VPI peripheral ring and weight do make quite a difference. I'm sure you will love the ScoutMaster.

Bill

Thanks Bill. I'm glad the speakers are doing well for you; I know they sure did for me. And you are right with the extra control, it can really make them shine! As for the ring and weight, that was one of the reasons for upgrading. After talking with you about your setup, that really pushed me in this direction. At least that's what I'm telling the wife.:D

Glen

Back