Another Maryland n00b to MLO

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evil_v

Reaction score
greetings,

just the other day I happened to be searching for custom rails for my Accent i's and stumbled upon this site and didnt realize how much I really didnt know...lol

I have had my Accent's for 6 or so years, I had wanted a pair of ML's for years and year but never could justify the cost. One day I was in a local Tweeter and they had a set of floor demo's 50 percent off. I listened to them for over an hour and decided to pull the trigger! They replaced my Polk LS90's that I bought while stationed in Japan in the early 90's. I then added a Fresco center speaker to it, and it seemed like it was still missing something so went to Gramaphone and they set me up in a room with a set of accent's and brought in a couple of different subs. I heard the Velodyne HGS10 and fell in love.

My systems for the last 10 years has been pretty consistent, I had a sony DA5ES with 2 Adcom GF555 amps running the main speakers. with technology advancements over the years, I was able to remove lots of gear in my cabinet. I used to have a Sony ES Dat, and Panasonic DCC, and a 400 disc cd/DVD changer. in the pas 2 years I embraced the apple home media model, and bought a mac mini server, and several Apple tv's both 1's and 2's to replace cable boxes in the house. I spent many months converting my DVD library over to iTunes format and had a very large part of my music library already there. then just recently I decided to change over to a new A/V receiver so I would be able to do HDMI switching. I picked up a Onkyo TX-NR709 which im very pleased with. it seems to make my ML's come alive. I dont think my ears are that great, but I know what I like to hear and for a very long time I would always tell myself how much better can it really get? I followed the toe in tutorial on here, and that really seemed to make a big difference and then the DA converter in the Onkyo made my digital library sound a little better, although im not sure if its a placebo effect or not just yet. I really have had nothing to compare to as most of my friends are happy with the vizio soundbar or the likes.

I would love to hear some other marylanders systems and maybe have them listen to mine and see what im missing maybe.

my setup:

Onkyo TX-NR709 (5.1 config)
Samsung BluRay
Mac Mini i5 connected HDMI to the receiver
Fios HD Cable box
2 Adcom GFA555 amps
ML Accent I's with bright red rails
ML Fresco Center
Velodyne HGS10 sub
Polk LS surrounds
zone 2: 4 Klipsch outdoor speakers on deck and patio fed by apple airport express
basement mancave:
old Sony DA5ES
Klipsch mains
PS3
2x ATV2's
2 powered sony speakers fed by apple airport express

media stored on Mac Mini server with a drobo 8TB NAS all running on gigabit eithernet.

I will see if I can get some pics of my setup, but with a 4 year old, my living room seems to always be cluttered with toys.....either mine or his....

glad to be around and see what I can learn.....

Back