And Some More conrad johnson

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrat

Reaction score
I bought a PV15 this week.
To replace my aging Counterpoint SA3000.
Having remote volume for 2 channel is one thing I was missing with my counterpoint and since I use a PC based music server it was really needed, of course the server has digital volume control but then the output is no longer bit perfect. The HT bypass is a better solution than using the tape loop which is what I was doing.
The sound is nice I cant espouse funny superlatives comparing the sound to strange unrelated inanimate objects, but it certainly seems better than my counterpoint. The leading notes and trailing edges of transients are just a little less grainy,which may be attributed to the massive gain that the counterpoint had as well as the solid state video buffer that followed the tube stage or the fact that it was almost 20 years old. I did give up a built in phono stage though kind of a drag. It not a drag giving up the ridiculous prices of 6992/6dj8 and its variants though. Anybody need some Amprex 6dj8? or a Siemens 6922?
All in all a very nice upgrade and worth checking out for anyone looking for a very musical and versatile preamp.
I am thinking about getting the Bellari VP129 for my phono stage

Back