Amp Question ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren B

Reaction score
I have two Carver M1.0 amplifiers that I'm going to power my Sequell IIs. My question is, would I be better off driving one amp to each speaker bridged with terminals strapped? Or run one amp to high end, and the other to woofers in stereo?
Thanks for any help
Darren

Hola Darren, my liking is, been both amps the same model, I will use one amp connected to the left Sequels ll this way: left channel to the stat panel and the right channel to the woofer, then, the same connection for the right channel. This type of connection is called vertical connection. But, do your connections and listen...use the one that you liked most. Trust your ears. This type of connection is my liking, and might not be necessary yours! I like to feed the same signal (left channel to the same power amp) to each power amplifier. Happy listening!

Not to sound too dumb here, but I assume I use a RCA splitter on cable to each amp?

If your preamp has two pairs of output, use two pairs of RCA. Two left outputs to the left and right inputs of one amp and two right outputs to the left and right inputs of the other amp. That's what I'm using in my system. If your preamp has only one pair of output, use two RCA splitters.

Of course, if your preamp has only one pair of outputs you could always do surgery to it and connect unused RCA jacks to the existing outputs for a second pair. Tape out is usually next to main out, so if you don't do recording from the preamp, you could use those.

Hola. For a better great idea of Bernard, you have to cut the cables coming from the printed circuit board to the tape outputs. Then make a parallel connection from the preamp output to these rca jacks, and now you have two outputs. Happy listening!

Thanks Roberto. I should have specified that you have to cut those cables; took it for granted as understood.

Back