Amp/Pre amp for ML home theater

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

Reaction score
I am setting up a home theater and have purchased a pair of Vantage speakers for the front. I intend to match these with a Cinema and a Descent subwoofer. Rears are yet to be decided but will probably have to go with something that hangs on the wall due to the room configuration.

Question:

Considering Amp/Preamp to drive this home theater setup. The option is between a Rotel 1095/Rotel 1098 combination and a Halo A52/C2 combination (would like to go with the A51/C1 but that is way beyond my budget at the moment.

Does anyone drive a ML hometheater with these combinations? What is the opinion?
Is the lower power from the A52 going to be enough compared to the 1095 Rotel?

Thanks!
Naren

The option is between a Rotel 1095/Rotel 1098 combination and a Halo A52/C2 combination (would like to go with the A51/C1 but that is way beyond my budget at the moment.

Does anyone drive a ML hometheater with these combinations? What is the opinion?

Naren,

I use a Rotel RSP 1098 for my Pre and 1095 and the older 1090 for my power. If you are doing a 5.1 just get the 1095. I LOVE IT! Very nice sound and the 1090 really fires up the Prodigy! I came from a Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX (now for sale on ebay), which while nice was nothing compared to the Rotel gear.

I love my 1098 because I can keep an eye on my security cameras no matter what it on the TV or I am listening to. YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary).

Best of luck to you! Keep us posted and take some pics when it is all set up!

Older but gooder! ;)

Yea, the new one is a class "D" amp...very small and light which is nice, but I don't move my amps after they are set up so that does not matter to me. I like the big 1090 that looks like the 1095...they go well together... You can see pics of them w/ my system.

Best of luck Naren.

I use a C2/A51 combo to power Ascents, Theater and a Descent (in wall speakers for the rears). I've been thrilled with the Halo/ML combination especially for HT.

Randy

Latest posts

Back