Airlines & Audio

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beek

Reaction score
Has anybody ever put a preamp in carry on luggage
If so how did it go? Was thinking about trying it but wanted to see
Someone else before me tried it :confused:

Has anybody ever put a preamp in carry on luggage
If so how did it go? Was thinking about trying it but wanted to see
Someone else before me tried it :confused:

I've carried-on things like ethernet switches which are similar to typical preamps in shape/size/weight... with no problem. As long as you can show that the item can be switched on, they're generally OK with it. Also, the prohibited carry-on list does not expressly call out electronics of any type (somewhat surprisingly) - but it also includes the following disclaimer which basically states "we'll take it if we want". So no guarantees.

"The prohibited items list is not intended to be all-inclusive and is updated as necessary. To ensure travelers' security, Transportation Security Officers (TSOs) may determine that an item not on the Prohibited Items List is prohibited."

airlines & audio

I've carried-on things like ethernet switches which are similar to typical preamps in shape/size/weight... with no problem. As long as you can show that the item can be switched on, they're generally OK with it. Also, the prohibited carry-on list does not expressly call out electronics of any type (somewhat surprisingly) - but it also includes the following disclaimer which basically states "we'll take it if we want". So no guarantees.

"The prohibited items list is not intended to be all-inclusive and is updated as necessary. To ensure travelers' security, Transportation Security Officers (TSOs) may determine that an item not on the Prohibited Items List is prohibited."

Thanx for that TSV, wanna bring a unit to place down south & trying to avoid buying a box & shipping chgrs. :confused:

I don't know about a pre-amp. But about 3 years ago I brought a DIY headphone amp on an airplane and received no questions or crap.

I say, that amp can't be very good quality if it's light enough for carry on weight?? ;) :D

You think they will stop me with my Vistas? :cool:

I'd hope not. But it may not be the best environment to set up 'stats correctly. You may want to invest in a pair of dynamic speakers for aeroplane use. Maybe some Wilson Maxx2s?

Back