Advice - Paypal dispute

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaboomnash

Reaction score
My spouse bought me a radio control helicopter for a gift.
I ordered aftermarket performance rotor blades from the same company. In the ad it says they come with new rotor head, and hardware; but when the blades arrived the hardware was not in the delivery. I sent several emails but no reply and still no hardware. Also the company advertised FedEx delivery and charges but shipped it USPS First Class.
I disputed the shipping fees to Paypal and some how Paypal says he won the dispute.
Then I disputed the incomplete order and he beat that as well.
How does this happen? I now have $20 performance rotor blades that are un-usable.

Any advice?

Lee

Can't you dispute it with your Credit Card company or your bank? I think that would be the easiest way.

Can't you dispute it with your Credit Card company or your bank? I think that would be the easiest way.

I tried thru my credit union, they said it is between me and the seller since I had authorized the transaction.
I wrote to Paypal again to see if they will open the dispute again since they said, "Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods received."
Yet, they list missing items as a reason for the dispute. The seller is terrible, but my concern is the missing hardware that makes it unusable.

Keep the ideas coming, Lee

Last edited:
I tried thru my credit union, they said it is between me and the seller since I had authorized the transaction.
I wrote to Paypal again to see if they will open the dispute again since they said, "Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods received."
Yet, they list missing items as a reason for the dispute. The seller is terrible, but my concern is the missing hardware that makes it unusable.

Keep the ideas coming, Lee

Kaboomnash,

Sorry about your situation. The only thing I can think off is that you can call the company and let them know you will be generating negative buzz and reviews about them as an unsatisfied customer. If they are willing to risk that over $20, they are dumb. Also, credit cards is the way to go with Paypal next time.

Good Luck!

If it is only for 20 bucks you have to figure what is your time worth. How much effort do you really want to put into this and just take it as a learning experience for next time.

If it is only for 20 bucks you have to figure what is your time worth. How much effort do you really want to put into this and just take it as a learning experience for next time.

The seller does not have any contact info to call for customer service.
Now they raised it a level. My Wife gave them a negative feedback rating on eBay and immediately the seller filed a "Not paid for item" claim against her. The seller had her money two weeks before we got the helo.
He is a fraud and now she is fighting that with eBay.

Lee

Kaboomnash,

Sorry about your situation. The only thing I can think off is that you can call the company and let them know you will be generating negative buzz and reviews about them as an unsatisfied customer. If they are willing to risk that over $20, they are dumb. Also, credit cards is the way to go with Paypal next time.

Good Luck!

The seller is going down now. Ebay has a thing about feedback maipulation and extortion.
The seller wrote my wife thru eBay and said "sure, after you remove the feedback- technicala

He can now be suspended. She is really working it now, she is still ****ed. Ebay claims to have buyer protection, but such a pain in the backside to get it done.

Lee

This is a legal issue - an outright lie.

Isn't there some government group to whom you can go to lodge a formal complaint?

Here in Australia we have the ACCC - Australian competition and consumer commission to which we can lodge these sorts of complaints.

Good luck.

I'm dealing with a fraudulent seller right now about a harmony 1000 remote I purchased over ebay. I paid through paypal and am trying to dispute it. 5 emails to the seller with 0 response other than the first night when he said he forgot to send it and would send it out priority mail the next day (June 8). He's in MA and I'm in VA. screen name is akorso on ebay. Buyer beware.:mad:

In the future, use a credit card with PayPal, particularly American Express. PayPal responds to any chargeback from AmEx VERY quickly... so quickly and so completely pro-buyer that I wonder if they're concerned about losing their ability to accept AmEx cards for some reason.

Good luck with this dispute.

- Jason

jason, I used a credit card through pay pal. Do you suggest I contact them directly in lieu of the escalation process through pay pal?
Thanks,
Adam

jason, I used a credit card through pay pal. Do you suggest I contact them directly in lieu of the escalation process through pay pal?
Thanks,
Adam

Personally, I would only work with my credit card company, not paypal. That's the way the incentives are aligned. You are the customer of the credit card company, so they will work to serve you. They can freeze the payment immediately, which should make paypal move faster to pressure the seller.

Too bad that not everyone works like Amazon and the companies that sell via Amazon. Did not receive the CD you ordered? They will resend. The used DVD you bought does not work? You get a credit (including shipping).

Good advice Dave. Funny, I threatened the seller after 6 emails with no response to have it charged back and boom, I have a tracking number. Supposed to be here tomorrow???!? :confused: If this is true, why didn't the seller just respond to the plethora of emails I sent? he didn't respond, just sent me a tracking number for USPS. We'll see. I doubt he can hack the USPS tracking system, so I'll sit tight until tomorrow when it is supposed to arrive....

Filing disputes thru Paypal was worthless.
First the guy shipped it USPS but in the ad said it would arrive FedEx so I didn't mind the higher shipping cost. Paypal said he beat the dispute cause they control shipping.
Then the parts were missing the hardware. I disputed with paypal and they said they don't control quality.
I am very much done with using them to resolve issues with sellers. I will be using my AMEX for all other purchases.
After the guy got a Negative Feedback rating from my wife he issued a "Not paid" claim against her thru Ebay, they threatened her with suspension of her account. She wrote the guy cause he had the money long before we got the item; he replied with removed he feedback and he would remove the claim.
She beat the claim since she had used Paypal and they could track it. But, she filed extortion charges under the feedback influencing area of Ebay and no penalities against this guy yet. Even though she forwarded the email that he threatened her with. Figures.

Lee

Back