Adequate for XT60s? Seeking advice please

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack_the_Lad

Reaction score
Hello everyone -

I realize this is probably far below the standards of some of the exotica talked about in this section so may not be of much interest, but I would really appreciate your thoughts.

Would a NAD T-777 be sufficient to adequately drive a pair of XT60s, or is it way underpowered, for both music and DVDs? The source is an OPPO 95, with Nordost speaker & power supply cables. Good interconnects but don't remember the brand.

The datasheet for the amp can be seen here https://nadelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/NAD-T-777-Surround-Sound-Receiver-Data-Sheet.pdf - and I quote FTC = 7 x 140W, Full Disclosure Power (all channels driven simultaneously) 7 x 80W; IHF dynamic power, 8 ohms 160W, 4 ohms 260W.

I have a Dynamo 700W sub, and a pair of ceiling speakers - a decent brand but installed several years ago and I can't get to them to see the make & model.

Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions.

BTW, if the XT60s are out, any suggestions for speakers for the T-777? Don't really want to replace it.

JtL

I agree with Peter the XT60's driven by your NAD should sound sweet.

Have you purchased the XT60's yet ? if not there are some deals going on out there right now, don't forget to check with Shaun @ DaVinci Media for his best price.

BTW, I've listen to the XT60 and it is a very good speaker, flies under the radar IMO.

That NAD will do fine on the XT60's (or any of the Motion line), Peter is right, NAD is very conservative in their ratings. I have a small NAD integrated (D7050) running my 2.1 living room system (background music) and it performs much better than specs might indicate.

Back