AC power unplugged

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsthemusic

Reaction score
Hi, my first post, hoovering up around the speakers the other day I unplugged one from the wall socket. I expected the volume to be lower or at least change. I put the balance all on that speaker and tried it. Plugged or unplugged it didn't appear to make any difference. Has any body got any thoughts on what is going on or what differences I should be able to detect.
The speakers are Aeon's, I think, they are probably about 20yrs old or more and the wall socket does work. Otherwise they sound ok to me.
thanks for any replies

Hola. The panels act like a capacitor. When the music triggers the sensing circuit at the power supply, the time to the panel to be charged is about two seconds, when you take off the power cable, it remains charged for about 10 minutes, so, this is the reason why it sounds with volume, but wait 5 minutes and you can tell it is unplugged. Happy listening and welcome to the forum!

yeah, what Roberto said………and welcome as well !

Thanks for the reply and apologies for the delay in getting back to you, there is a time warp between us. Sounds very logical now you tell me, I will give it a try to satisfy my curiosity. Also, after checking the plate on the speakers they are Aerius, but not sure which model of the two models they are. Thanks again

Since 92, all ML products have a sensing circuit, to turn on the PSU board. Your Aerius have this circuit too. Happy listening!

Back