About to summit my first 14er!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimna

Reaction score
Mt Bierstadt is 14,060' high and we plan to summit tomorrow before noon. Im excited to start a new obsession, but more so I am excited to see how my little girl does. She does a lot of hiking with us already, and we have been slowly working her up to it. We are leaving soon to camp out for the night in the high country for some acclimation and to be at the trail head by 5am tomorrow. The hike is a relatively easy one, but you never know how anyone will do at that elevation, not to mention what the weather will do to.

RBier_101.jpg

Im praying it looks like the top pic when we arrive, not the bottom....but I know how much snow we got in April and May so......

RBier_102.jpg

Ahhhh... The music of nature. :D

Looks like a fantastic hike. Hope you bring the camera and thanks for sharing.

Ray

Have a great Hike, my wife and I enjoyed a picnic lunch at that Pass last year while taking a day trip up from Grant to Georgetown.

Looks like a perfect 14er to start with. I've been wanting to hike a few myself and just haven't got to it yet! Good luck!

That's the first 14-er my wife and I did too. We were up in the mountains both yesterday and again this morning hiking around Boulder. You'll probably have good weather, but you never know, so take some layers. Sandy and I got snowed on pretty hard when we did Gray's and Torre's a few years ago in August. That would be another good one for you and your daughter. There's a saddle between the two peaks so you can easily summit both in one day.

Don't you love living in Colorado?!

Makes me want to go in the attic and dig out all the old issues of Rock & Ice. Unfortunately, we dont have that kind of scenery here on the east. Most of the places in NJ we were climbing ten years ago are now strictly off-limits. Closest good climb is NY Gunks.

Tj

I sure do!

We didn't make it though, my daughter pooped out about 3/4 of the way up. But it was a terrific experience for all of us, and now we have goal to work toward.

Camping was great. We were only about 100' below the tree line with our tent on a 100' wide ledge that had a easy 200' drop off the one side to a raging mt stream below.

Ill post some pics eventually.

Back