A little help for a hero

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenscollick

Reaction score
I got involved a few years ago sending archery equipment to soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan, I met one of these soldiers last weekend I recieved this email from him regarding his cousin. I am sure that a few of you can take a moment to send a card and let him know that he has friends that are keeping a good thought for him.

More info www.michiganlongbow.org

Got a second?

Friends/Family,

I've got a request. I understand we're all busy, but I'm asking you to take a second, and, if you are able to, do something for a certain young soldier, a cousin of mine. His name is Chris Baker, and he's currently serving with the 10th Mountain Division in Afghanistan. He's working long nights on patrols, and has lost several comrades this summer. Chris is typically very upbeat, and the life of the party, but lately his jokes are strained, he's is tired, and has given and lost much lately. His 25th Birthday is August 30th. His mom came up with the idea of a birthday card campaign to boost his spirits, and let him know that he's thought of and appreciated by those of us back home. If you could, please write a quick birthday card, thanking him for his service, and mail it this coming week. It's a small effort, but would have a huge impact, and give him the boost he needs to keep his head in the game. You're also welcome to pass this message on, to help get it out to as many people as possible. Nothing is as sweet to a soldier as getting mail when you're far from home.

Thank-you in advance,
Chris

Baker, Chris
HHC 3 BCT
3/10 FOB SHANK
APO, AE 09364

Ken,

Do you happen to know what the postage is for something like this?

Good idea Ken, I'll be glad to pen a quick note in a card for him....it's the least I can do !

I had a couple PM's about the Camp Cuervo shirts, we are currently out of them I will let all know when we get more of them

No matter how I try I cant look as cool as Jameson on the hood of a fuel truck.

Attachments

• jameson.jpg
    jameson.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 118
Again Ken.....good idea and to let everyone know I received a letter in the mail today from Chris, with a big 'Thanks' for thinking of him on his birthday ! He's already made my weekend !!

Kate Smith you're right....God bless America !!

Yes this is the best 44 cents you can spend. It is hard to imagine being halfway around the world and your best buddy you just met a few weeks ago. All of the soldiers are so appreciative of what we do and we would not be here if it weren't for what they do.
I have been fortunate to meet a few of the Soldiers upon their return. Proud to call all of them "friend"

Back