A few Jeff Beck shots

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonepub

Reaction score
If you're a Jeff Beck fan, he's returning to Europe to finish the Emotion and Commotion tour.

Heres a shot from last week's performance at Milwaukee's Summerfest. And a link to a few more:

http://www.tonepublications.com/?p=3643&preview=true

Full review in issue 30, out in a few days!

Attachments

• WEB-Jeff Beck_6a.jpg
    WEB-Jeff Beck_6a.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 122
Love his playing. Totally different than anyone else out there. Guys like Stevie Vai or Yngwie Malmsteem are technically incredible, but I can't tell them apart. One note and you know if you're listening to Jeff.:bowdown:

What no Lieca? ;)

How was the show. I read that he has been superb lately. I have his Ronnie Scott CD and think it is great.

Sorry, I'm not Jim Marshall. Even Marshall admitted that these days it would be a lot tougher to get the shots if at all with a simple rangefinder setup. Back in his day and even when I started shooting concerts in the 70's, when you got backstage access, you could shoot the whole show. Today, you get the first two or three songs and then they boot you out.

Ive always wanted a Leica, but it's never been a camera I could earn my living with, so it will probably never happen. Great cameras though!

Today, you get the first two or three songs and then they boot you out.
Yes that 3 song scramble can be harsh. I like pics with various guitars and whatever else they pickup onstage to add character to the moment...thats hard to capture in the first 3 songs, hell most bands arent warmed up until the 4th tune. Some bands allow 3 songs each set which is a nice extra.

I actually have my first shoot at Red Rocks next weekend, I'm excited since its home turf & my favorite venue. I'm hoping for that epic back-stage shot from behind the singer that shows his view of 10K people rocking out between the rocks. I'm packing the fish-eye!

Great shots Jeff! We saw him here in So Cal at the Nokia Theater in April!

Back