2009 CES Photos

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a Transrotor turntable but don' know the model. It's definitely a beauty and I'm sure it was probably a little expensive to say the least. Nice work of art and engineering.

2re7ccp.jpg

Last edited:
Another nice piece from Transrotor. I believe this is the JR model.

xeo54w.jpg

This had a decent WAF rating. Sweet sounding Accuphase/ Avalon Indra setup.

ao1gcm.jpg

And of course the full Accuphase front end with a Fat Bob Transrotor turntable. I could live with this.

xfdz6f.jpg

The Magico Mini room was comfortable with a warm ambience suitable for serious listening and that's what most did here. My first time seeing and hearing these and there nice. I'd have to spend more time though to get a full appreciation of what these monitors are all about for close to the price of a pair of CLXs.
r88iko.jpg

And of course the full Accuphase front end with a Fat Bob Transrotor turntable. I could live with this.

Craig, not only could you live with that set-up, me too !! plus I know a certian fella outside of Denver that would be right there with us !!

You have to see these tubes in person to realize how large they actually are. The KR Audio Kronzilla Dual Mono amp.

e8ocb6.jpg

2j1ags5.jpg

Last edited:
The new turntable from Clearaudio. This piece was gorgeous and no doubt, classy. The linear tracking arm was also nice addition. I'm not sure if this once has hit the streets yet but as you can see, the MSRP is about $10k and that seemed about right for a table of this caliber. Unfortunately!
I wonder how it would look in clear acrylic?
2jcao8l.jpg
[/IMG]

And speaking of second looks...wasn't this at the Hong Kong show? Nice to see again.
2ludz82.jpg

Didn't Tim post this TT in his RMAF show? I can't see it in my HK folder...

Anyway, looks like Transrotor and Clearaudio are coming out with some nice new gear. I bloody love those companies. They make me wish I was rich, or at least mad enough to spend that much money on a TT. Deutschland, Deutschland uber alles!!!

As for the elephants p*ss buckets, some of the clubs round here could use a few. Maybe it'd keep the floors clean. I mean, you couldn't miss, could you? Even after a bottle of port:D!

BTW Craig, was the KR Kronzilla playing? If so, what was it sounding like? When I first heard it, I left feeling really underwhelmed by it. I kind of thought "well, it'd never **** me off, and it really did sound quite pleasant, but where is the get up and go?".

Last edited:
What does Accuphase sound like? What is it's sonic signature? I've never heard any Accuphase.

Geez, those Clearaudios are nice though!

BTW Craig, was the KR Kronzilla playing? If so, what was it sounding like? When I first heard it, I left feeling really underwhelmed by it. I kind of thought "well, it'd never **** me off, and it really did sound quite pleasant, but where is the get up and go?".

The Kronzilla's weren't playing but I did get to talk with Ms Kron and was happy to learn that KR Audio is producing an 845 tube.

What does Accuphase sound like? What is it's sonic signature? I've never heard any Accuphase.

I haven't heard too many Accuphase products either but from what I've seen, the build quality is second to none. I couldn't reasonably describe the specifics "how" that system sounded but I'll just say it was very good. I'm sure the Avalon's had something to do with that too.

Nola's Baby Grand Reference. They're rather large for something called "Baby" but the soundstage they produced was also very large.
nls9qq.jpg

Definitely contributing to the wonderful sound of the Nola speakers was the fact that they were powered by this reference Audio Research system. I believe the wiring was Nordost Vahalla.
a2q72t.jpg

The big Baby Nola's have a new little brother called the Micro Grand Reference (what will they name a large speaker?). I think this just debuted at the show. The finish is stunning and these are good fit for a bedroom system (My CLSIIz's own the main room). Although, they were on Sound Anchor stands I'm sure I could work a deal with C.A.P. to make me a pair of his fine custom stands to compliment these.;)

risu8w.jpg

http://www.nolaspeakers.com/

Last edited:
Taking a peek inside the Audio Research "tubefied" and top-loading Reference DC player. Seems to made to last for the long term. I think its a safe bet that CDs will be hanging around for quite a while and so will this player.
6tl506.jpg

Back