1 meter digital RCA cable recommend

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Gray

Reaction score
Hi Amigos,

Need your input. Have a Magnum Dynalab XM tuner and a recently purchased Cary Audio 306 SACD CDP.

The Magnum has a digital / coax out, which I can connect to my Cary, which will allow me to use the Cary DAC's and upsample the digital signal.

I really don't want to spend more than $300 max so options for new or used on the Gon going in that price range would be much appreciated. I'm OK with the Gon if someone has a recommend in the middle to upper three (3) figure area.

Saw a 1M MIT Digital Reference today. List $995. Asking $275. Any input on this particular cable?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Gordon

Gordon,

I use a DH Labs D-75 and like it a lot. You can't go wrong for the money. I'm sure the MIT is great but...do you really need that? Do you listen to the XM critically? I just got the MIT MA Magnum speaker cables and are impressed so far.

Good Luck!

Dan (DTB300) speaks highly of the Signal Cable Silver Resolution Digital Coax in another recent thread. I haven't tried this particular cable yet, though I intend to. It uses a silver/copper alloy as a conductor. I love all of the rest of their Silver Resolution Cables, so I highly recommend you consider it. Price: $69 for a 2 foot cable, plus $10 per each additional foot. Can hardly go wrong for a great cable at that price, in my opinion.

Tried the digital connect

Gordon,

I use a DH Labs D-75 and like it a lot. You can't go wrong for the money. I'm sure the MIT is great but...do you really need that? Do you listen to the XM critically? I just got the MIT MA Magnum speaker cables and are impressed so far.

Good Luck!

Hi Jason and Rich,

Thank you both for the input.

Jason, who is the manufacturer, what's the price for a 1M with RCA terminations, and where can I purchase?

Rich, same question for you regarding source to purchase.

Since I started this thread a couple of hours ago, I pulled my MIT digital cable from my HT system and installed it between the MD tuner digital out to the Cary digital in. Then played around with some analogue upsampling through the Cary.

WOW !

The overall soundfield effectively doubled. One can now, with certain stations, clearly hear the venue recording acoustic. Better dynamics also, which is probably the result of going through the Cary DAC.

The A -B test was easy since I still have the analogue out connection from the CJ to the MD.

I am absolutely thrilled and will make this digital connection permanent.

GG

I use that MIT cable between my CDT and DAC, and quite like it. It is much better than the Cardas Lightning that it replaced. MIT also makes a pricier cable, which I have not tried.

Last edited:
Rich, same question for you regarding source to purchase.

Check out their website: Signal Cable

Once you are there, click on the link for "digital cables." Check out the Silver Resolution Digital Cable. To order, just call their phone number (from the website) and talk to Frank. He is very knowledgeable and can answer any questions you may have.

Hands down, the Zu Cable "Ash" is the best value in digital IC's available. check out their site. E-Bay prices range from $67.05 to $82.00. A great deal from a top flight company IMO.

I used a Kimber D60. Picked it up from gon under $200. Worked great. A lot more clarity from my old CD Player.
Might have it up for sale soon since I moved to a Tube CD Player and connecting XLR directly to the amp.

i have tried mit cables and have not been to impressed with them. in regards to a best bang for the buck digital cable that is neutral and really digs deep - i like the xlo signature 2.

Latest posts

Back