Aerius problems

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearex

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm new to the forum but have a question........I've got a set of Aerius panels in which the bass units have stopped working in BOTH speakers. I heard a rumour that its a known prob and that the fix will cost the region of $2000.00.Does anyone have any ideas Pls
Ken

Haven't heard about that. I assume that you have done some trouble shooting, like using a different amp and preamp (or reciever)?

Do you have them bi-wired, and if so, have you checked the connections? It's very unusual that both have the same problem at the same time.

Hi guys I'm new to the forum but have a question........I've got a set of Aerius panels in which the bass units have stopped working in BOTH speakers. I heard a rumour that its a known prob and that the fix will cost the region of $2000.00.Does anyone have any ideas Pls
Ken

Hola Ken...the Aerius are bi-wired...and if you are not using this array, then both reds should be connected together and also the blacks. Usually there is a plate between these connectors. If you are missing this plate, then the woofers or the panels will not act. Also check both for a faulty connection. Wrong regarding the cost to repair them...that is the price for a new ML set of speakers like the Source...Happy listening,
Roberto.

Ken

call martin logan , theyre really helpful . also , have you ever taken off your back panels ? its really easy . the woofers' wires connect with a primitive slide on connector that could become dis connected ( although very unlikely to happen to both at the same time ). martin logans phone # 785 749 3881

Back