Hi from Boone NC

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audio63

Reaction score
I'm in the process of of purchasing ML Vantages. Always been a SET/Back loaded single driver guy. I had MLs a while back and have alway missed them. I do think that point source speakers are the way to go. I'm wandering, since ML Vantages cross (I think) 470 Hz plus it's driven by it's own amp. Seeing the panel is 92 db efficient, will a 50 watt tube amp drive them?

I'm in the process of of purchasing ML Vantages. Always been a SET/Back loaded single driver guy. I had MLs a while back and have alway missed them. I do think that point source speakers are the way to go. I'm wandering, since ML Vantages cross (I think) 470 Hz plus it's driven by it's own amp. Seeing the panel is 92 db efficient, will a 50 watt tube amp drive them?

Depends which one. My 70W PrimaLuna ProLogue 7s drove a pair of Vantages just fine (and they currently drive mu Spires just as well). I think using the 2 Ohm tap helps.

I use a nominally 80 Watt SET (with a 170W peak capability) on some Ascents and it drives them extremely loudly without stress. The Vantage has to be easier to drive... but the only way to know for sure if your amp copes with the panels in a way you are happy with is simply to try it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back