System #307 (Sequel II)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

repman

Reaction score
Name- Larry M.
Location- Kennesaw, GA
Model- ML Sequel II
Year purchased-2007
Any mods-no mods or changes yet I will be ordering new panels soon

Associated electronics- 2100 parasound preamp,
Sunfire 200 watt by 5 biamped on the Sequels and the 5th channel running the center channel.
Pioneer Elite VSX-94 TXH reciever for movies
Denon DVD/SACD/DVD-a- player 1940-CI
Toshiba HD DVD player ( guess I picked wrong format)
Monster cable Line conditioner
Direc-TV HD reciever
SVS Ultra P39 sub
Room Treatments- Bass traps(ect)

I originally owned a pair of Carver Amazing Loudspeakers and some old Accoustats and got hooked on the ribbon /electrostat sound .
I got away from them for a few years and had Dynamic speakers
until i heard this used pair in a audio shop in Marietta, Ga and fell in love and took them home
The ML are the best yet!!!!!
I cant wait to upgrade to a more recent vintage maybe Spires or Summits next

Thanks for the warm welcome and I enjoy the bantor on this site!

Regards, Larry

Attachments

• mancave-1.jpg
    mancave-1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 500
Last edited:
As stated before ....welcome to another "Buffalonian" , albeit sad today upon learning of the death of #15. Larry with Kemp and "The Mick" gone I have but one boyhood sports idol left...Gordie Howe.

until i heard this used pair in a audio shop in Marietta, Ga and fell in love and took them home
Regards, Larry

Audio Atlanta maybe? Anyway, very nice setup you have there. It's good to see others in the Georgia area.

Glen

Dave , Glen and Engtaz ,Thanks for the comments .

Dave it is sad to see these guys go it is a shock about Jack!

Glen yes it was Audio Atl Pete sold the Sequels to me

As stated before ....welcome to another "Buffalonian" , albeit sad today upon learning of the death of #15. Larry with Kemp and "The Mick" gone I have but one boyhood sports idol left...Gordie Howe.

Dave you mentioned " The Mick" here is one of my most treasured items my MM signed ball they wont be making any more of these ( that arent forgeries)

Attachments

• 100_5982.jpg
    100_5982.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 961
Very nice Larry......I've got a 8x10 replica of his rookie card that he signed for me at a show back in '84. I still have fond memories of being at his induction ceremony.

Glen yes it was Audio Atl Pete sold the Sequels to me

Yep, Same Pete that sold me my pair of Sequel II's back in '93. So we have matching black sequels, bought from the same store. :D

Nice looking setup, hope to hear it soon.

Cheers,

Thanks Jonathan, You are welcome anytime you are in the area call me

what do you think of my first attempt at room treatment do you see anything I should do different or add

bass traps in all corners 4" panels 2" panels behind the speakers and in the middle as well as the back wall behind my head ordering two more for there

your thoughts

Thanks, larry

Nice system. Be sure to replace those panels. I think you will really like what you hear !! My Sequels really came to life with the updated panels.

Enjoy !!

~VDR

A nice, cozy looking looking system!

Nicely done!

Erik

Thanks Erik , I finally got both kids thru college and had a few extra bucks to build my man cave , i have a few more things i want to do to it but Im really enjoying it

Nice system. Be sure to replace those panels. I think you will really like what you hear !! My Sequels really came to life with the updated panels.

Enjoy !!

~VDR

They are next on my list to upgrade , thanks for the advice If they are going to sound that much better I am really excited

Thanks

Go Sopranos ! I have every episode on dvd. looks like a cool chill spot you have:meditate:

Go Sopranos ! I have every episode on dvd. looks like a cool chill spot you have:meditate:

Steve , thanks for the comments

yeah I love the Sopranos I have them all as well
I might have to have an all soprano weekend soon!

I love your room as well very chill , gotta love shades of grey and black for a media room

Welcome!

Y'all we are starting to get a nice contingent of Georgia ML lovers!!

Y'all we are starting to get a nice contingent of Georgia ML lovers!!

how many people from Ga are on here in all JonFo, Glen and yourself

are there other GA folks here? lets hear from you

Larry

Back