ML Service story...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowGEEZR

Reaction score
So, after talking to Jim Power a week ago last Friday, I sent my power supply in to be repaired. Since they should have received it last Wednesday, I called today to get the status. I was told that it was sent back to me on Friday and should arrive any day now. Then I was told that the repair was free. They replaced the power supply. I said that I should pay for it, but was told that they didn't get my phone number when I talked to them, so it was their mistake. I said I didn't want to take advantage like that, and I am willing to pay what the charge was, but was told to not worry about it, it was easier for them this way. Wow. What do you say to that? I thanked them, what else could I do? I think my next speakers will also be Martin Logan.

Good news Steve ! It just further goes to prove what we all know as a "Top Notch" customer service company !

I suspect with the new toy in the garage the down time didn't seem that bad !!

Ha ha. Yeah, the new toy certainly helps! We have the grandkids over, so it's not like I could listen to the system anyway! But...I can't stand having my MLs torn apart and will be very happy when they are purring again.

I had a similar experience with a faulty circuit board. Jim sure goes above and beyond with customer service.The sound of ML's and the after sales service have made me a ML buyer for life. Hats off to Jim and ML.

Cheers

Thought I'd post a follow-up with pictures showing the differences in the power supply that I received. It is now hooked up and the speaker sounds back to normal! Anyway, the new power supply has an id of MLPS 004, the old one was MLPS 002. There are quite a few differences, as the pictures will show. The first thing I noticed is that the new PS has no fuse; they eliminated that. There are also quite a few other changes, if you look closely.

I thought I'd get fancy on this first pic, as it shows the old back panel on the PC and the new one on the desk if front of it...
355177130_NSV4G-M.jpg

This pic is a better shot of the old panel...
347286742_7Rk4D-M.jpg

This is the new power supply...
355177086_mUdoL-M.jpg

This is a close up of the old panel's fuse area...
347286745_VXcxo-M.jpg

GEEZR Did you have both power supplies replaced or just the bad one? I was under the impression the transformers had to be matched sets. Just wondering. D.R.

Nope, just the one. I'll give ML a call and ask them if it is necessary for any reason. If they say it is, I'll report back in this thread.

Latest posts

Back